z

Young Writers Society

Witchy Face Drawing

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:51 am
IamFlamingo says...

I got a new drawing tablet for Christmas! Just kind of trying it out. :) I'd love criticism or feedback or anything. Thanks!
Attachments
witchy face.jpg

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:38 pm
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Wow, Flamingo! I'm really impressed! :D

I got my drawing tablet a few years ago, so I know what it's like to start learning on it, and it can be tough! If you ever get stuck, keep me in mind because I will probably be able to help :) Anyways, onto your picture!

The colors really pop! My eyes were drawn right to the center of the painting, towards that witchy face. I like how the expression isn't typically evil or witch-like, it actually looks very friendly!

Your facial proportions are quite good, especially for drawing the face in profile. I can see how you shaded in a bit of chin and cheekbone which all looks great.

The only critique I have is about the girl at the bottom. She's so small, I can't really tell what she's doing. Is she kinda reaching up to the face? Or waving hello? And is that a shadow behind her or something else? If you clear this up, you'll be golden ^_^

Please keep drawing! I'd love to see more of your artwork!
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:11 pm
ERZA says...

Wow, what a nice drawing! and beautiful too...I never had a tablet but well i can imagine how hard it was for you to draw it and this came out real good..:) And the face does look witchy indeed! And moreover it looks like a friendly one! Good drawing Keep it up!
Always and Never are two words to always remember never to use.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:55 pm
FermentingFruit says...

Of course, blacksheep beats me to the review. I still made it here, so here's the review:

I always start my reviews with nitpicks. I always try to find some nitpicks. However, one thing I am not going to nitpick is the eyes on this one, so you know you've done pretty good when I don't nitpick eyes (Just ask anyone else). There were two things with the witch in this that I found strange. The first thing was the neck. I thought the neck was too long on the witch, however, I thought it looked like a flamingo neck, so you might've meant it like that. The second thing I noticed was the head. Above the eyes, I thought there was too much space between the eyes and the top of the head. I would just take a little of that off if I were you.

Now onto the good part of reviewing. There was a lot that I liked about this piece here. One of the top things I liked about this was the colors. I thought the colors on this piece really popped and dazzled. The transitions were really good, and the colors of the witch and the background worked really well together I thought. Like I said earlier, you did the face really well. Everything was detailed really good, and the proportions were correct, and I thought these were just really good. You even put a little wart on the nose :) It's the small things that make me like a piece, and there were a lot of good small things in this piece.

Hope I helped,
Fruit
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

When life gives you lemons…take over YWS with fruits and vegetables!!!
— LemonescentAnt