z

Young Writers Society

Partners

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:39 pm
View Likes
Daisuki says...

It took a while, but I finished! Their designs are similar to characters I made for a Fairy Tail storybook, but their personalities are very different.

http://graffiti-blaze.deviantart.com/art/Partners-347462848
Sorry, it was too big to fit on here, so I hope the link is okay!

Oh, I wish I was punk-rocker with flowers in my hair.

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:34 am
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

I think it fits just fine, don't you guys think so? ^_^ *heeehehe I has the powah*

Ohmygosh
*rubs eyes*
Ohemgee
*rubs eyes again*
*blinks*
*faints*

Wow!! This is so, so amazing! I can see how long it took!
I will have to ask you about the textures you used for clothing, they look incredible.

The character designs are so gorgeous. I love the rickety, medieval-like skateboard. His expression fits perfectly and the hat is so cool.

The girl looks pretty badass lol. The designs you used on her clothing are really interesting.

Really cool idea adding the chain to add more unity between them.

The background was a wonderful idea, I really think it completed the picture. The colors of the characters match perfectly with it. I don't know how you did that, you gotta explain that one to me too xD

And your hands... really, you're better than I am!

Areas to improve:
Your facial proportions! They are still a little wonky! I am just be guessing here, but do you draw the hair before the eyes? Try drawing the eyes first. I think you are drawing the bangs long (which looks cool) but then you have to shift the eyes down because of that and they end up too much towards the bottom of the face. Also, look at the position of the eyes relative to the sides of the head.

On the girl, her eyes nearly touch her ears. On the boy, the eye just about comes in contact with the bridge of the nose. Focus on your spacing, and use references if you feel something still not quite right.

A bit of shading on the girl's arms would help, just so we could see things like her elbow.

I'm so, so impressed. We gotta talk soon!
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:12 pm
FermentingFruit says...

Oh wow, this is really good! This has a lot of simple minute details, which really makes the piece, and you can also tell how long it took because of those. I’ll mix things up and start with what I liked about this piece, and then do what I thought could be improved (Which isn’t a lot)

There are a lot of basic things that you nailed on this, but I like to point out the small things, because that’s what I think really makes the piece, and also what helps the artist improve most. Like Sheep said, the hat on the guy is incredible! I really love the colors, and the design is amazing, how you made it look like you can actually see each string in it. The hair is like the same thing. You can see each strand it appears, and stuff like that really makes the piece. For the big stuff, you had the proportions right, the background was great (It looks like an image, am I right?), and stuff like that.

There are only a few things I’m going to be picky about on this piece. The first thing is the eyes. On the guy on the right (Well, the only guy for that matter) it looks fine, but it’s the girl that I had problems with. It’s not the color or anything, it’s the proportions. That’s the only thing wrong with your proportions. I thought that they were too far apart, and just a little bit too big. The other thing I noticed about the girl was her right hand. It looks a little crooked, and the fingers are a little out of line. I also didn’t really get why the guy had a skateboard if this is old time, but that’s just me.

I thought this was really great overall, and you should send me more of your works if you put more up!

Fruit
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
— William Shakespeare