How is this?
Attachments
image.jpg

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:31 pm
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Hey Serenya!

Very creative! It looks like you were trying to do one of those 'mirror inside of a mirror inside of a mirror' type of thing. Oh, and I really like your jewelry by the way, the necklace and bracelets are so cute :)

I think the picture could be clearer though, because there are so many things in the frame and it's a little hard for me to focus on anything in particular.

I'm guessing that the mirror was supposed to be the center of attention, but the bright flash of the camera and your name posted on top of the image distract from that.

Also, you two look so pretty I would have loved to see your faces!

Besides that, if you like to edit your images, I would suggest boosting the color contrast to make this image brighter and more colorful. I think you probably took the picture inside where the lighting was fairly dim, and so your colors are dull.

Hope this was helpful! Keep taking pictures ^_^
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:31 pm
FermentingFruit says...

Hey SerenyaChan. I'm here to review your work, but a lot of what I would say blacksheep already has. (She always beats me to this stuff)

What distracted me most was how you put the word Serenya across the screen. I thought it really distracting, and I couldn't help but notice that. If you really wanted your name in the picture, I suggest that you make it small and in the corner, so that it doesn't distract.

Another thing I noticed was something that blacksheep said earlier. How the flash took away from the picture. The flash distracted me also, and between that and your name across the screen, it took me a while before I could actually see what you were trying to capture.

If you really wanted to capture the image on image on image, here's what I would recommend. I suggest that you take that mirror from the picture and just stand in front of the mirror in your bathroom or room or something, and you take the picture then. That's just what I recommend.

Fruit
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:30 am
AlfredSymon says...

Serie! Serie! Serie! Hey, here's me for some comments on your very beautiful photograph.

INTERESTING. Yes, I think it is. So much in fact. Why, because due to the angles brought by the reflection of light and the effect of *insert Physics-related word here* whilst *insert Physics-related word here* retains *insert Physics-related word here* , you have created some kind of inception-styled piece, an image in an image in an image in an image! Interesting, yes :)

That is the very creativity that shows that you're thinking outside the box! I like that way of thinking. Only two things, though, stand in your way in executing a very mysterious aura around the image and that are 1.) the name and 2.) the flash and the cam :)

First, I think that the name is something of very loose importance. The big name, written in a very simple font just blocks the rest of the image, thus us audience can't easily look and understand the great effect of the piece, not to mention that there's no apparent need for it! If you're trying to use it for copyright reasons, then why not just write it somewhere else smaller in the piece?

Also, about the cam and flash. I don't mean to offend or anything, but the flash thing in photos are getting quite cliche than beautiful. You have a great idea here, so why not try to use bigger, more natural light. Also, you might want using a bigger and much more clearer mirror. Use creativity at its best!

I know you can give the best photos, just have a simple edit here and there and explore more places to take the pic. Good luck :)

Yours indefinitely,
Alf :)
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.
— Albus Dumbledore