z

Young Writers Society

Some Old Photos

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:38 am
FermentingFruit says...

Hey guys, these are just some old pictures I found going through my old works on this site. You may have seen them before, you may not have. If you remember who posted them, well then, I'm busted. These were my favorites. Anyways, here they are:

Millie.png
Millie.png (228.53 KiB) Viewed 133 times

Just a simple one of my cat. Edited to Sepia.

Screen shot 2013-01-08 at 7.32.58 PM.png

Probably my favorite. How this came out so good, I don't know.

Aquatic Love.jpeg
Aquatic Love.jpeg (86 KiB) Viewed 133 times

Just one cool one I took at an aquarium.

I was told before the fish one could use some color pop, so I gave it a little.

Hope you guys enjoyed these, give me some feedback. Thanks,

Fruit
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:23 pm
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

already seen them, already reviewed ^_^
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:27 pm
Blues says...

Hey, Fermenting! Here to review.

So! Photo one:

I really liked the cat's expression here - the contemplative cat! It's lovely and the cat looks furry and so cute and adorable. I like the sepia you added - it adds to the mood of the photo. To improve here, I'd think about the background: it's a bit bland and it's not of anything in particular. Just some blinds and window shutters and it doesn't add to the photo and makes it seem more like it's just the average cool shot that you took rather than something more special which is a shame because the cat's in a great pose. Perhaps if you set it to the portrait setting, the background would become blurrier as currently the background doesn't serve a purpose or add anything - rather, the cat is the main focus here ;)

As for the next shot - I love the silhouette! Does he/she do poses like these all the time? How do you make it do that? I think it's a great shot and I lovelovelove the silhouette. However, the background: what is it? Here, the background would provide some context to the photo as right now, I don't know what's going on apart from the lovely silhouette of the cat.

Final shot! Yes, I totally agree about bringing out those colours. The colours are so much more vibrant. It's an interesting photo and I like it. I think it'd be improved if there was a nice vignette around the fish to really bring attention to the centre of the image.

Hope I helped and feel free to PM me if you have any questions about this review! Keep snappin',

Blues.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:32 pm
View Likes
FermentingFruit says...

Thanks for the review Blues! Just some quick responses for the second one. For the second one, my cat was in the same window as the first picture lol. When I put these up the last time, I was told the background took away, so I took it out lol. There were a lot of good things you said, things I didn't notice, it was a great review.

Fruit
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:49 pm
Blues says...

Haha, oh really? That's interesting, lol. Yay for agreeing to disagree?

Speaking of silhouettes, there are a few photographers who do that kind of thing: Jasper James comes to mind... possibly Dan Mountford.

Your cat should be a model, lol.

The ink in which our lives are inscribed is indelible.
— Helena 'HG' Wells, Warehouse 13