z

Young Writers Society

The Buddha and her Spirit Animal

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:52 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Oh, Neva. Thanks for inspiring me and getting me back in touch with my Buddhist side!

That there is Neva (a Buddha) holding her spirit animal (me, taking the form of a white fox creature xD)

To top it off, a quote from His Holiness the Dalai Lama!
"Through kindness, whether at our own level or at the national and international level, through mutual understanding and through mutual respect we will get peace, we will get happiness, and we will get genuine satisfaction. The practice of kindness is very, very important and very, very valuable in human society."
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:14 pm
View Likes
Twinkle4ever says...

This is a lovely picture. It was quite creative of you to splash white paint in the background. Your lines are all in place. everything looks neat. There are no rough lines. There's only one little thing. I'd love to see it in color. Anyway. The little spirit animal is soooo cute. It makes me want to hold it in my arms. The one thing I loved most about this drawing is that even though both Neva and the spirit are shaded grey and white, they hold great differences. Like how Neva's shirt is full of massive folds and shades. All the while the spirit is pure white, glowing in a way. That's what makes it look like a spirit animal (and adorable). As always, do your best in drawing! :D
You can wish for death... but you can't wish it away

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:19 pm
View Likes
ERZA says...

Wow What a super cute pic! I love it. And really, even though it is in shades of grey, it looks wonderful and maybe just maybe it will not look as meaningful as it looks now if you do it in color. No offense but this looks good with the way it is. And I think you should have shown the hands as you see with a gentle caring face a pair of gentle and graceful hands enhance the personality....anyway as always awesome work!! :D :D
Always and Never are two words to always remember never to use.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:41 pm
View Likes
FermentingFruit says...

Here I am sheep, back again >:)

This picture was really good, but I like to have some constructive criticism, so that I don't just say, "Yeah it was good." However, with this one, there wasn't a lot to complain about.

There were two small things that I noticed with this that I'd like to comment on. First was just the placement of the head on the person. I noticed that it seems that the head just kind of pops out of the hair, it isn't really attached to anything. The other thing that I noticed with this is that it is really hard to distinguish the arms with the girl. Not sure what other people thought on that, but that was just what I noticed. Oh wait! I forgot something else. You are a fox! Not a sheep! :mrgreen:

Now onto the good part of reviewing. The part that makes people happy :)
The background I really liked in this picture. You really captured the setting of this with the background. What really got me were the small things. I'm talking about stuff like you took time to put little ridges on the fox to make the hair pop, and you really detailed the hair and stuff like that which just made the picture pop. Oh yeah, I almost forgot one thing. You get my seal of approval on the eyes for this one :)

Keep up the great work sheep. Hope my reviews help at all,

Fruit
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart; I am, I am, I am.
— Sylvia Plath