z

Young Writers Society

girl

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:15 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

because I can't help spamming the art forum...

3 versions, the first is 100% digitally drawn, the second is what happens when I edit it and add a pic for the background. the last is just randomness.

let me know which pic is your fav!

The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:38 am
vampyIrishgirl says...

i love these they're so cool
music junkie, i know, but im not sorry

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:43 am
nevanoel says...

Would it be creepy if I printed this out and put it on my wall? XD

In short, I love them!

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:45 am
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Go for it! ^_^
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:43 pm
Payne says...

Ahhhh, you get better and better every time I see your work! The second one is by far my favorite, though I like them all.

Now, I do have a few nitpicks.

The face and the hair are both stellar, as usual, but from the neck down she looks a little off.

The neck: It looks almost hourglass-shaped. On the left side (her right) it looks nicely curved. But on her left side, it shouldn't widen like that as it reaches her jawline.

Shoulders: Slender women do tend to have more downward-sloping shoulders, but here they're so low she almost looks like a giraffe (I'm guilty of this too, I admit). They also appear to be quite wide.

Chest: It's a bit awkward, but since she is a shirtless female, there should be at least a suggestion of where her breasts start, even if they're not on the page. Even men tend to have some sort of variance in the geography of their chests; as it is, it's rather difficult to tell that it's her chest.

Overall, though, these are amazing! You have some definite talent, and your coloring and shading skills are just fantastic. If I had a better printer, I'd be tempted to print off one of these for myself. :D

Keep up the great work!

(P.S. I haven't drawn anything in months, but these have inspired me to go outside and try my hand at it.)
I aim to misbehave.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? --Steven Wright

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:47 pm
FermentingFruit says...

What did I say. I told you I’d get to more of yours, and here I am. Another really great
one from you sheep, you never fail to disappoint. Alright, so onto the review.

There were a couple of things about this one that I didn’t really find that great. First was the lack of the background (If you cant tell, I’m reviewing the first one right now lol). I think the fact that there’s no background takes away from the pic a bit, although you fix that problem with the others. The second thing with this that irked me a little bit was the lack of clothes. I think it’d add a lot to the picture if she had clothes, and if you intended for her not to have clothes, I’d just crop out a little bit of the picture at the bottom. Finally, this is small, but the way you had the hair go to skin (or vice-vera) I didn’t enjoy. There’s not nothing really separating them, not a line or anything, there’s no transition, it just switches. That seems to be it for that.

Onto the other part of reviewing. There was a lot I liked about this piece. I’m going to attempt not to obsess over the hair like I usually do. But it’s kind of hard with you. I don’t know how you do it, but it always seems to turn out great with you. I really liked the transitions of the colors, and just the style and all that great stuff. Now, something I don’t always say: I really liked the eyes. There was just something about them. The colors, the details, but what really did me in was the sparkle. I can see a sparkle in her eyes, it may just be the glare of the sun or something, but I see it as a sparkle, and I really liked it.

Which one was my favorite you ask? Why, the second one. Why you ask? I liked that one best for two reasons. The first one was the background. I really liked the background, and it just added to the picture. Also, I liked how you had the colors got darker, and I just liked it with the colors darker than lighter.

Now, that seems to wrap up that review, until next time,

Fruit.
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?
— Obi-Wan Kenobi