z

Young Writers Society

GIMP line art.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:49 am
View Likes
ERZA says...

My my... I simply don't know what this is...Its a girl I drew in GIMP using the mouse as usual...But in a very large-of about 3000 X 4000 pix. or something of a page and of course cropped off the blank areas. :D
Tell me what you all think OK?. And yeah I will keep this updating as I color it...

Once my exams are over I will review anything I can--just a thought.. :smt002
Always and Never are two words to always remember never to use.

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:16 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

ERZA!! :D

She's a giant, haha! I like this a lot :) My favorite part about this is the great lineart on her clothes and body. Seriously, I don't know how you managed to do lineart with a mouse, it's super tough. I can only imagine how frustrating it was!! But the end product looks great, so it all paid off x)

I like her outfit and expression and everything, I can't wait for this to be colored ^_^

Since you're not quite done, I'll give you a few tips too.
The outline of her hair is much bolder than the rest of the pic and is a bit distracting.
Feet are super difficult to draw, and they look a little squashed on her. Mostly I think the tips of the shoes are too pointy or aimed at weird angles.
Besides that, I think you've got it down! :)

Coloring is much much easier than lineart on a computer! The next part will be a breeze ^_^ One thing I used to do is draw a sketch or lineart by hand (which was easier) and then just upload that onto Gimp or something and just make small adjustments before I colored it. It looked a lot better and went much faster x)
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:36 pm
Twinkle4ever says...

Woah. I can't believe you did all that with just a mouse. I'm sure I can't do a full body figure even with a tablet on the computer. Can't wait to see it in color. I can't take out any mistakes seeing as you were using the mouse. It's just too hard and you pulled it off! Amazing. :D :D
You can wish for death... but you can't wish it away

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:44 pm
FermentingFruit says...

ERZA! You did this with a mouse?! *Leaves for a few minutes to pout* lol but seriously. I’ve tried using a mouse before, and it just, it comes out disastrous. You really know what you’re doing, now don’t you? Anywho, onto the review.

Alright, so there were a couple of things with this that kinda irked me. The first thing that I noticed, that wasn’t a big thing, was that her hair was bolded darker than the rest of her, and I didn’t really understand that, I thought it took away from the picture a little bit. The main thing with me though was the shoes. I thought the shoes could use a little improvement. At the top of them, t looks like you tried to do what you did with her shirt, which worked there, but it didn’t work here. They’ve also go a few weird crooks and turns that I didn’t really like. I couldn’t do any better, but I’m trying to help lol.

Now, onto the good stuff. Wow. She’s so good! Her face, the eyes, the mouth, the nose, all of it, very nice. Lots of small details, which are what I really look for in a picture. And I liked the eyes! That doesn’t happen very often, so you’re doing something right lol. But the face isn’t even the best part of this. Her outfit is the best part, specifically her top. Speak of small details. I fell in love with this as soon as I laid eyes on it. Details galore! Oh the creases and lines and oh my. <3. Fabulous.

The fact you managed to do this with a mouse, I bow to you. This is incredible, and I look forward to seeing more of it once it’s colored!

Fruit
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

If you have a Kuzco in your life and they don't turn into a llama, bail.
— Alan SeaWright