z

Young Writers Society

Broke

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:16 am
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Another moody picture from me, what can you expect these days lol.
Actually, first I wanted to thank all of you who have helped me sort myself out these past months. I really have not felt like myself and I appreciate everyone who has been so amazingly helpful :) . I had a light bulb come on in my brain this morning, and I think I may be coming closer to finding a little inner peace. I believe what's been happening is that I've been developing bi-polar disorder, which would explain a lot x) So, not to spill my life's problems, but I thought it relates to the art so what they hey I thought I'd throw it in here x)

That's not supposed to be a de-figured arm, the pose is supposed to be like hugging yourself so I failed. x)
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:07 am
ERZA says...

Wow, thats actually a very nice picture! And you did not fail to draw the pose at all as I understood it quite well. The picture looks kind of sad...and that means you are sad too. Don't be sad because everything's going to be alright you know so just cheer up!!:) :)
Always and Never are two words to always remember never to use.

739 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:04 pm

I'm glad the pose came out right, it was pretty difficult actually with the anatomy and stuff. And thank you, I'm trying x) I'm sure I will cheer up soon again, I seem to be bouncing back and forth a lot lol xD
-Chuck Palahniuk

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:54 pm
View Likes
Nook says...

Hey! Aqua here to review!! XD

I'm gonna take it step by step (which I've never done before but lots of other people do that and sound really professional so I want to try that too. :P)

BACKGROUND: It's so sparkly... OuO (yep, first thing I have to say about it...sparkly :P I really love it. At first glance, I thought it was just a bunch of sparkles, but then I looked closer and though it was more like galaxy full of stars, but then, more realistically, I thought the guy was lying on a bed, looking out of a glass door at a bunch of far-away fireworks. It's amazing what you could get from abstract art, ya know? ;)

Next,
GUY'S PROPORTIONS: I really love the pose that the guy's doing. :P And the whole shirtless thing is kinda hawt. :wink: But I can see the emotion in the picture. It sort of looks like how you feel. Which makes sense now. I hope you feel better, Blacky! (Can I call you that? ^^") One thing I have to comment on is the arms... I could clearly see what you were trying to do, but you didn't quite manage that. ^^" It was still a good try though.

And finally...
GUY'S HAIR! Incredible as always. Keep it up. :smt003
HERE>>OTAKU FOR LIFE<<HERE
"People's feelings are memories that transcend time[that's why they're so hard to forget]." - Steins;Gate(Makise)
"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am." -Hyouka(Oreki)

739 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Thanks girl ^_^ Yeah, I found a picture of a galaxy and edited it a bunch and used it as an overlay. It sort of represents a desire for peace and tranquility. Sometimes you need to just get swept away and shut yourself down for a bit.

And I'm glad you got some eye-candy out of it, lol
-Chuck Palahniuk

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:37 pm
Nook says...

Meh eye-candy will always be anime boys. XP
Real people suck. XD

JK. :P
HERE>>OTAKU FOR LIFE<<HERE
"People's feelings are memories that transcend time[that's why they're so hard to forget]." - Steins;Gate(Makise)
"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am." -Hyouka(Oreki)

739 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:50 pm

^_^
-Chuck Palahniuk

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:32 pm
View Likes
Twinkle4ever says...

That sorta touched my heart. You drew it from your heart and I guess the picture is potraying those feelings. Don't worry. If you ever feel down, take a look inside your portfolio and your drawings are sure to cheer you up. I don't know if it's just me but this kinda looks like Zack from final fantasy. What I'm trying to say is that you've mastered how to draw characters like the ones from final fantasy 7! WOOOOOW!! I think I'm going to explode if you keep giving me shocks like these (good kinda shocks =P). The hair is so metallic. Girl, you could be the next character designer of final fantasy when the old one retires or even a new cartoon like it.
I know I'm just blabbering again. I can't conceal my emotions. I'm too stunned. It's like every drawing brings you to a new level of art. :) Keep at it.
You can wish for death... but you can't wish it away

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:56 pm
View Likes
FermentingFruit says...

Aww sheep, you got me all emotional before a review :(. Not sure what I missed, but I’m not going to pester, but what I will do is review.

There are really only two things with this that I didn’t really love. The first thing you already mentioned, the pose. It looks like his hand just kinda comes up out of nowhere, and his arm just kinda fades, you don’t really get the feeling that it goes across his body. The other thing is the background. I think it kinda clashes with the pic a bit, because it’s too close to the color of the dude’s skin. It goes with the mood, but I think it just doesn’t work too well with the subject of the portrait.

Onto the good stuff, which with you is usually a pretty long list (:)) Something about you and hair... Just oh my. You are quite the hair wizard. If being an artist doesn’t work out, you should be a barber lol. I really loved this, I think the color went with both the guy and and mood, and you drew it well also. The theme you set really goes with your description above, kinda sad, kinda lost. The guy himself is really great, besides those things I said above. You’ve got really good shading, and the lines are crisp, but not too crisp, proportions are good, very good.

You never fail to disappoint blacksheep. You are a phenomenal artist, and just remember that they key to happiness and inner peace is doing what you love, and being with those you love, and maybe even do what you love with who you love lol.

Fruit
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:11 am
Audy says...

Blacksheep,

I hope you feel better. We talked briefly one time, and I'd love to talk again, cause you are so lovely and that was a lot of fun, and you inspire me in so many ways.

I love this picture so much. I feel like I can really connect with it, and I love the concept of "hugging yourself" and the choices and decisions made for this composition.

Mainly, I ADORE the background. That is just so lovely. It really captures that mood/atmosphere, but it's tinged with pink and sparkles too, so it's comforting and has a lot of hope behind it. I got the impression of like "I'm in my happy place" and I love how you decided to draw just the boy and the background, like there's no bed, or pillow anything, and yet, you can still tell that there's got to have been a pillow there, just that it's invisible or overwhelmed by that background. I think it furthers this idea of just detachment/dreamworld/just that moment when you want to be alone and you want to grieve/think things through. Or maybe you just want peace.

I think the shirtless factor adds a lot of that rawness, realness to it, maybe even a vulnerability? My favorite bits are the skin/hair - I just think the texture there is perfect. I love the faint muscles there on the back. One thing maybe to help fix the pose would be to curve the back/neck a little bit? Right now it seems just stiff/straight as a board. Maybe if the shoulders were more hunched/kinda curved towards his chest/stomach, it might depict that vulnerability/hurt more?

His bedhair thouuuuugh! <3 I love it.

~ as always, Audy

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.
— Lemony Snicket