z

Young Writers Society

Black and White original character

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:37 am
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

So I've decided that I love coloring with just black and white digitally x)

This was so much fun to draw, only took me about 4 hours. I'll make up a backstory for him once I'm not so tired!

I'm feeling an 18th century vibe for the name, something like Oliver or Bartholomew xD

Thanks for looking, comments are mucho appreciated :)
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:22 pm
Mickixoxo says...

HEEEEEEEEY OH MY GOD, I HAVEN'T TALKED TO YOU IN FOREVER.

Okay, so freak-out aside, I'm so impressed with how much talent you have. Everything about this picture is just perfect and I can't find anything wrong with it. Maybe the only nitpick I have is that the nose is a different color than the rest of the face? I think if you make the color of the nose into shadows by adding some highlights, it would look more detailed and make it lighter, to match the tone of the rest of the face.

Other than that really picky nitpick, there's absolutely nothing. The hair is perfect, as always! You've always been the best at hair :)

I really love the eyes and lips. I can't stop staring at them and I don't know why... Well, the eyes are great because you have so many different values, and they look so glossy and just perfect. And I have no idea why, but I seriously love the lips. Maybe it's the shape? Well, whatever it is, keep at it! Lol

I also love the button/pin on the boy's cloak. Its got such great shading on it. You can really see the darkness that the cloak is casting on the top of it, as well as the shine of the bottom from the light. I love it :)

Gah, I just love everything about this picture! It's probably one of my favorites of yours, if not my favorite. Oh, and I'd go with Oliver. I think the name fits him better than Bartholomew haha he just totally looks like an Oliver.

Yep. Definitely an Oliver.
KEEP IT UP, OH GREAT ONE.
If there's a 50/50 chance of getting something wrong go for it anyway because there is also a 50/50 chance of getting it right

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. ~Edgar Allen Poe

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:36 pm
Nook says...

I love this. Like, completely and utterly.

The boy just looks so CUTE!
And adorable! XD

I think the nose just adds to the beauty of the picture. Like a red nose on a winter day. :3

My favourite aspect of it would probably have to be the eyes. I love how they're so deep and and so detailed. As always, the hair is so natural! And the lips are so... so... Well, soft. :D

Keep it up, kay? I just love your drawings. X3
HERE>>OTAKU FOR LIFE<<HERE
"People's feelings are memories that transcend time[that's why they're so hard to forget]." - Steins;Gate(Makise)
"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am." -Hyouka(Oreki)

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:21 am
ERZA says...

Wow, he looks perfect!! Good work and yeah he looks like as if he is a blonde with a tan and with green or blue eyes...Absolutely cute. :D :D :D
Always and Never are two words to always remember never to use.

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:52 pm
View Likes
hudz96 says...

*chokes*
So cute! Any chance you have like... a real life version?
Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:05 pm
BrooklynWriter says...

Hey there! So to start I'm getting like name like Maelar from this guy. Very beautiful, and oh my gosh that expression is heartbreaking. I just want to scoop him up into a hug. So sad.

And here comes the problem. I am loving the cloak, and the detail on the button is fantastic. However, I feel like he is just an extrememly beautiful face riding on a black blob with a magnificent button. I'm not quite sure what it would take for me to get full out beautiful human out of this. Perhaps a neck would be nice. And some definite shoulders.

Amazing job with this one. You are so great!

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:10 pm
View Likes
Twinkle4ever says...

Okay so I was kinda wondering where you got that new avatar. It's so mysterious. As always, I am at a loss of words. It's all grey and black like in the old black and white films. I think what it needs is a little drizzle. It would totally complete the picture.
Onto the commenting:
the eyes are like gemstones. And with the pale, dreary wall at the back, the white hair and the entire figure is standing out. And ohmygosh! The stone on the cloack looks so real! I totally want your autograph. I'm your biggest fan!! :D The cracks on the wall give it a spooky look. You sure know how to blend your character into the right background. :)
You can wish for death... but you can't wish it away

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:29 am
View Likes
FermentingFruit says...

Hahaha, I'm going to review this before you. Maybe because it's your work, oh well.

Picking, picking, I'm going nitpicking. There are really only two things I'm going to nitpick with this one. The first thing I am going to nitpick on is the guy. Just a small thing, but he doesn't really have a neck. I only say this because you made his head slightly visible behind the cloak or whatever it is (lol), and he doesn't have a neck. The other thing I'm going to nitpick is eyes (sorry, I had to). There were just one thing I saw about them. What I noticed was with the proportions. The eyes were a little larger than they would be on a real person.

Onto the good stuff (and there's a lot of it). My favorite part about this was the background. I don't know whether or not you copied that from something, but if you didn't, wow. It looks incredible. You got the little cracks and everything perfect. The guy's head was really good, besides that one thing. Each of the other facial features were really good, and in good proportions, and the hair, you seemed to capture each hair (like you usually do). Overall, this is one of my favorites of your works blacksheep, and it must be yours to make it your profile pic lol. Fantastic job, I'll make sure to get more of yours tomorrow. Keep it up,

Fruit
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.
— Arthur C. Clarke