z

Young Writers Society

Art Dump

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:34 am
ERZA says...

After so many days I have finally got some time to post my works. Please review :)
1.jpg

I did this one way back when I was in the 5th grade. It was done with almost dry water colors on ivory paper.
2.jpg

This one was done back then too with the same stuff. The subject was taken from some holy book.
8.jpg

I did this a few days ago with pencil on my drawing pad.
Please take your time to have a look and right click on my pics and select open in new window/tab to get a better look. :D
Always and Never are two words to always remember never to use.

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:14 am
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

I love all of them!

The first two drawings are really unique. They have that Egyptian style to them, because all the faces are in profile but the legs and most of the body is in front view. The colors are also nice and bold!

The elephant is so cool on the first pic! I love the detail on everything. The blankets have such a pretty pattern too. I feel like this picture could be out of a storybook!

The colors are nice and bold on the next picture too :) I think th background is supposed to be a building, but you might think about making it a tad clearer. Also, those are some difficult poses for the guys, I can tell! Making the limbs a little stiffer and less curvy/bendy would help. I'm looking at the arms mostly. Usually I start with straight lines and then add any curves or muscles in the detailing.

Another really hard pose in the next picture too, haha! You've got like, bent legs and arms, face in proile, tough hand positions... xD You did well! The girl looks pretty but her body language says she's sad. To emphaisze this, I'd recommend maybe having her close her eyes or maybe draw more of a grimace or frown in her expression. I'd also pay attention to the length of the legs (they seem a little long) and that foot that's farthest away from us :)

Awesome job with these! I hope this review helped somehow! Keep it up!
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

*cries into coffee*
— LadyLizz