z

Young Writers Society

Girl Archer

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:38 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Thanks Twinkle for letting me color this!

original sketch (with a bit of editing)

My digital coloring

just for fun

A great experience on this collaboration! I could just focus on coloring x) Though I was a bit crunched on time cuz of exams xP.

NO REFERENCE FOR COLORING!!! *high fives self*
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:13 pm
View Likes
Twinkle4ever says...

Hey this is like a birthday present for me! :D (I just turned seventeen =P)

I love it, as always. I mean i was sort of frozen for a second when I looked at the colored version. The colors are so bright and you used my favorite color (BLUE)! :o

I still can't believe that the archer could look so pretty when colored; especially by a coloring pro like you. :wink: And kiddos to you on the bow. I know i didn't detail it as much as you did right here. She looks perfectly gorgeous with the shiny/flowing hair and dress. You can take more sketches from google images if possible and color them in your own style. I'm sure that would be totally fun.

But do prepare for the exams... THUMBS UP!! :smt003

(Btw, love the frame. You have a good way of presenting things properly, the way it suits them)
You can wish for death... but you can't wish it away

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:31 pm
View Likes
Daisuki says...

Alright, brace yourself for a virtual barrage of complements thrown at your face.

You coloring is un-reviewable! At least to me! (...one who has little knowledge of coloring techniques...) Usually the only things I critique on yours are anatomy and such, but never really coloring! So here comes flattery.

I love the shade of blue! It's so bright, and visually pleasing. Her hair color is orange-y which makes it complementary and stand out even more. My favorite part, though, are the gloves. Something about it really looking like cloth, and the shading makes it uber cool. Especially the left hand. IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL I CAN'T STOP LOOKING AT IT *drools and tries to inconspicuously turn off caps lock* I like the bow a lot too, with the more muted brown (comparitively?), and the subtle designs. I really love that.

I think my favorite part of the clothes (beside the left glove) would be the skirt, because of the more rough-looking fabric. I mean, either the shirt is like a satiny fabric, or maybe tone down the shiny? :3

I love how you always include a picture at the end where you just messed around with the colors. It's fun.

So. In conclusion, this is freaking awesome. Especially that left glove. Love that. If you're going for a more realistic, medieval look, I would use more neutral, muted colors and make the fabric more rough and less shiny, but for a more cartoony (that's not really the right word, but you know what I mean) style, it's fine. And awesome either way.

Heck yeah. Keep drawing. And remember - never let school get in the way of your education!

-Dai
Oh, I wish I was punk-rocker with flowers in my hair.

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:47 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Woohoo!!! *bows down to Dai* THAT's what I'm talking about!!!
Leave it to you to review like OLD SCHOOL. Showing everyone how it's done ;D
Thanks a ton, girl!
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:31 am
ERZA says...

Wow! That is a really beautiful drawing. Just love all the shades of blue. The expression of the girl tell that she is really concentrating. Although I wonder where the arrowhead of the arrow has gone? Anyway, I liked her hair and the design of the dress very much. Really well done! :)
Always and Never are two words to always remember never to use.

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:49 pm
hudz96 says...

Oh My God.................. Hanny! This is too much *squeezes eyes shut* You are simply the most AMAZING person EVER to walk on earth! I have a new fav of your work. You are Stunning! and your work even more so!

*grins* she is like so sexy I love the ears.
Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:15 pm
BrooklynWriter says...

Okay, yet again, you have stunned me in the best way possible! She is absolutely breathtaking! She even has elbows! And fingers and a collarbone. You are just amazing.

Sadly, since it feels like cheating if I don't point out one thing that needs work, here it is. The farther leg from the bow, the one with nothing strapped to it, is a little lost in the original sketch. Despite this it comes right around and looks great in both the colored and retro one.

Great job... as usual! 8D

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:43 pm
FermentingFruit says...

Hey blacksheep, here to review this. I think I've seen this before. Wasn't it called like When a Princess Draws Arms, or something like that? Anyways, I'm just going to review the second one, as I already did the first one before, and the last one it appears you were just messing around with.

Alright, to the nitpickings. One thing I noticed was that you didn't really need was the frame around the picture. I just felt that you really would've been fine without it. Another thing I noticed was the gloves. The one of the left hand was a little bit lighter than the one on the right arm. The last thing I noticed was the bow. Part of it got cut off. Not sure if you drew it like that, or it got cut off, or what, but that's one thing I noticed.

Onto the good stuff. This is probably one of my favorites from you, but I say that a lot, now don't I? The drawing looks absolutely fabulous. I love it. You have lots of small details that really bring this to life, and it was great. The coloring job was also very good. The colors really popped, but not so much that it was obnoxious. They all worked really well together, and I really liked it. Love your work blacksheep, keep up the amazing work.

Fruit
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

News is not a game show. You don't win a car if you happen to be right.
— John Oliver