z

Young Writers Society

Sunset

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:09 pm
View Likes
LemonyIce says...

I was bored today, so I tried to draw a sunset and...yeah. This is how it came out. The colouring doesn't look too good, though because of the crappy quality. >.<

Spoiler! :
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:08 pm
View Likes
murtuza says...

Hey, Hermy!

This is beautiful and just brightens my day. The colours and the shadings all blend really well together and the penciling is beautifully done. I especially like the reflections on the water and the change of shades of the hills. The sun looks glorious too! The tree looks really cool. I like how, you've settled for colour and shading over detail here. It looks simple but yet captivating.

If you're looking for some criticism though, I'd cite that the sky's colour could use a little bit more looking into. The blue, yellow and red haven't blended seamlessly as I would like to hope they would. That's just a nit-picky thing, but by no means comes in the way this drawing. I'd love to have this as a wallpaper for my phone.

Brilliantly done, I must say. Awesome job, Hermy. I want to see more. Even if it means annoying you over and over just so you post more of this great work. Oh, you know I would. ;)

Keep at it! You're as good a Writer as you are an Artist. Which is plenty good!

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:53 am
View Likes
ChocoCookie says...

IceyIce! :D

Nice to see you putting things up! :) I just remembered how long it has been since I posted... :S Aaannyywwaayy, I loved the drawing! ^^ It was just plain simple, and who said you were bad at coloring? You know, you've got the basics and almost everything a coloring can actually do. Like the direction of the coloring which is the most important and you've got that correctly! :)

Some things that I did find weird, is the tree. Not its trunk but the bushy part of it. I think the shape's not come out too properly and you're not able to understand where that goes until you really look into it. And as Murty said, the sky. I think you could have mixed the blue and yellow together giving it a nice effect. But that's okay! Everyone makes mistakes and will gradually learn.

Trust me, even I can't draw a sunset. :3 I'm so bad at it. A job well done, Icey! 8) As usual, you've rocked this one too. I'm going to be stalking your profile everyday, so I find something new whenever you post your work and going to review it. ;)

Keep Drawing , love! <3 You have done an AWESOME job! ^^

Cookie :)
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:14 pm
View Likes
unsocialbutterfly says...

Aw, LemonyIce, I think it's pretty.
♥unsocialbutterfly♥

Reviews: 4
Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:20 pm
View Likes
munchkin says...

I like it!! :D It's so pweeetty...
Someone just needs a high five.... In the face... With a chair.

8F

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:59 pm
View Likes
ERZA says...

Awww..THIS IS SUPER CUTE!!! I like it very much and it is good too.*nods in approval* Good work!!
Always and Never are two words to always remember never to use.

Everything’s edible if you’re immortal.
— Feltrix