z

Young Writers Society

Photography for critique!

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:30 pm
View Likes
Tayler says...

Its been a while since I've posted on here, but with summer here I'm hoping to get reactive on this site! I decided posting some photos for critique would be a good start. :) Excuse the copyrights: They are from another site I post my photos on. Please be harsh. I want to be able to improve my work and I have tough skin. ;) These were taken with a Canon Rebel XS and I've been playing around with more editing than I usually do.

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Reviews: 0
Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:50 pm
Learner1 says...

WOW! I like all of them, especially the one of the pond and the water-tower. I like how your capturing the beauty of the Midwest, I say the Midwest because it looks like you took the pictures of Kansas or Oklahoma areas, but I could be wrong.
The Canon Rebel XS is a vary nice SLR camera, even thou it only has 10.1 MP it takes great photographs. I have a Olympus C-8080 wide zoom and I use it to take pictures of thing that I find interesting or phenomenal, so I'm always trying to capture the true beauty of Midwestern Kansas when I'm out using my camera, but I just cant find it, but you seam to have found it and captured it, just like the one of the hay and the sunset, god job!
The only thing I might suggest is when you take a sunset picture you might want to turn down your exposer on your camera a little bit, that will make the picture more darker so it will show more detail and make it more ease on the eyes to look at. :wink:
Hey, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it, so get out there and do it!

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:21 am
Nikko says...

Hi there! This are really nice photos.

I like the level of detail in your photos, as well as the silhouette effect that you placed on most of the photos.

There are some flaws that I need to point out in your photos though. First of all, most of your photos are heavily edited, you shouldn't rely on editing, it's best that you rely more on your camera mechanics. Don't edit the colors too much, it's not that good for the eyes. The angle is quite off in the 6th photo, I know it doesn't quite look right if you level it, but angle is important. The borders in your photos are distracting too.

Although, this is some great photos! I hope I wasn't too harsh.

Yours,
Nikko
"The means dictates the end" - Denam Morne

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:16 pm
unsocialbutterfly says...

Hey Tayler. Your photos are amazing. Seriously. Usually I pick my favorite pic. when I do a review but this time I can't.
♥unsocialbutterfly♥

Meet me in Montauk.
— Charlie Kaufman