Young Writers Society

Man in Pen

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:30 am
View Likes
Mo. says...

Pen Drawing Man.jpg

A drawing of an old man - using pen. (NOTE: This is a recreation of a section of an artwork)

Criticism and comments are greatly appreciated. :)

P.S. I'm sorry the image is fairly small - I couldn't upload the slightly bigger one. :(
Mo. was here. :) mwahahaha

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:19 am
amit28it says...

buddy you world was great but this is the most horrible man ever I had seen is this for any horrible movie.

Reviews: 4
Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:19 pm
View Likes
munchkin says...

I love this! I think your idea and just all of it is so well done! He looks amazing! :D
Someone just needs a high five.... In the face... With a chair.

8F

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:07 pm
View Likes
ERZA says...

This was a nice piece of art. The effects are really cool how did you do it?
The eyes look real empty and the face is broken in a sort of nice way. Anyway, good work!
Always and Never are two words to always remember never to use.

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:49 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Yeah, I love the part where his face just breaks up towards the center. That is really cool! And the pen you used for this looks really good too ^_^

I'm not totally sure what that is poking out of his mouth. I'd like to imagine it is a cigar, but it looks too small for that. It looks more like a... crayon? x) Hm. And his eyes just remind me of pineapple rings, I'm not positive what they are, either. But they look really cool! I don't know if you meant for them to be anything specific, or if you were going for more of an abstract approach.

But very cool! Hope this review helped a little.
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

Reviews: 0
Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:55 pm
View Likes
Learner1 says...

I think there's a message in that face, I see a old man with the wear and tear of life on his face, he must of went thru a lot a trauma in his life, it's kind of emotional when you think about it.

I like it a lot, Good job Mo! :wink:
Hey, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it, so get out there and do it!

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:04 pm
Mo. says...

Hey Guys, thanks heaps for all the feedback. :) To get the particular style it's just a whole lot of lines moving out pretty much in a spiral (if that makes sense?) And it's a cigarette, one you roll yourself which are significantly smaller than a cigar - well, that's what it is to me anyway, I can see why you think it looks like a crayon though. :-) Like I said this isn't an original, it's an appropriation of another artwork. Anyway, thanks heaps for the feedback. :)

Much appreciated!
~Mo.
Mo. was here. :) mwahahaha

There was nothing he enjoyed more than a good book. He'd wander into the study, take down some leather-bound volume, and eat it.
— Terence Brady (dog owner)