Mickixoxo says...

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

This is my last tablet picture until the new year:

Snow Angel.jpg
Snow Angel.jpg (69.03 KiB) Viewed 118 times

And then I darkened it and now I don't know which I like better:

Snow Angel-2.jpg
Snow Angel-2.jpg (75.29 KiB) Viewed 118 times
If there's a 50/50 chance of getting something wrong go for it anyway because there is also a 50/50 chance of getting it right

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. ~Edgar Allen Poe

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:01 am
View Likes
dasiamari says...

Hai!! I love these! I like the darkened one the most!
Know that she's back in the atmosphere I'm afraid that she'll think of me as a plain old Jain told a story 'bout a man who was to afraid to fly so he never did land. ~Train

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:23 pm
Lumi says...

Mornin', Michi!

I'm going to start by saying that the dark-shaded picture is better, by far. With that in mind, remember that I'm reviewing the dark picture.

First off, I have to give you props for your wing definition. I can nearly feel the down feathers just by looking at it, but I'm unsure if there's enough contour feathers to complement the down. Just for reference, contour feathers are what we normally associate with feathers on adult birds; less fur, more hair, I suppose.

I'm not a huge fan of the piles of snow on the head and shoulder--I think those could be executed better, but I'll leave it up to you entirely.

The hair behind the ear is a bit bulky without reason, though I think it'd be better in all regards if the hair covered the ear instead of falling behind--almost a sign of shyness, which could complement the blush.

Regarding the blush, I would try and make it more of a wider-spread skin tint and less of a splotch of pink beneath the eye. It also may be nice to apply it to the other side of the face, but much less, since it won't be as visible.

Other than that, I really like this. It shows much skill in digital art and shading, and you have a lot of potential! Also, I'm assuming this angel is female due to the top curve of the breast. In the top picture, it appears more like an anime dream-boy or something along those lines.

Hit me up if you have any questions or comments!

-Lumi
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:05 pm
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

I love the snowy angel x) The wings are really well done, I think. I can tell you went to town on Gimp's smear tool xD They really do look fluffy in some spots, but I wish you would've extended the picture so that we could see the full extent of them.

I really thought this was a guy, so next time I'd focus on making the facial features a little softer. Make the jaw a little smaller or add rounder eyes and more highlights to the eyes. The lips are also to long for most female characters, usually only pretty-looking guys will have the long, thinner lips with added highlight.

I do like the idea of clumps of snow on top of the character x) You could take it to a whole different level if you made it seem like maybe it was melting and have a few drops of water running down the person's face or something. Or add a bluish tint to make it stand out a little more. Those are just some ideas.

Oh, and I liked the darker version more.

btw, I don't know if I told you or not, but to post a pictuer so that you don't have to scroll to see it all, use tinypic.com up upload. Then resize the image to 'message board'.
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

ask not what u can do for ur bones but of what ur bones can do for u
— Carina