z

Young Writers Society

Myth's Portfolio

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:46 am
Myth says...

I usually start off my stories/novels with doodles or pictures which inspire me to write. Here are a few things I've done so far (some for stories others just out of boredom).
Last edited by Myth on Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

820 Reviews

Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:47 am
Myth says...

This is the fortune-teller's tent from Oracle's Possession and I need help with the shading. Tips are welcome.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:30 pm
Sponson Light says...

Sure Ill help you.

For the tent, it doesnt look like it has many supports. As in the cloth looks like it just freely hangs down. You can make it look like it has supports by making the cloth wrap around the "beams" somewhat.

And for shading... it seems youve chosen the right side for the light. The only advice I can give you is observe from real life, grab a cloth and throw it over a ball on a stick type thing, and look at the shadows and highlights.
Or look at your window curtains (if you have anything, the clothy kind).

Look at your jacket! Hey, at least you have a light source! and shading. Thats good.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

820 Reviews

Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:37 pm
Myth says...

Argh! That's what I missed. I meant to do ropes.

I tried making a 'cloth tent' and used it for a model. I may have to do it again. Thanks for helping.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:06 pm
Araidne says...

All i can say is that I am a horrible artist, and this tent is beyond anything I could have done. I am :mrgreen: with envy. I would appreciate any tips on who to draw or better my art(I need help drawing human noses)
Out flew the web, and floated wide,
The mirror cracked from side to side.
'The curse has come upon me' cried
The Lady of Shalott

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:47 pm
Sponson Light says...

I hope you dont draw them like the anime type noses.
Because those arent noses, those are just called noses.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:02 pm
View Likes
Areida says...

That's a cool tent... I agree that it looks like a good breeze would send the poor thing toppling, your shading is awesome. Way beyond anything I could do, but then again, that's not really saying much. :wink:

Noice.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

820 Reviews

Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:51 am
Myth says...

Thanks Areida and Araidne. :D

I re-did this with the ropes but my sacnners broken down again so I'll get it up on Monday.

'...'

820 Reviews

Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:12 pm
Myth says...

Here's the finished version. I may yet update it again and I'm working on other illustrations for my work.

EDIT: Made this bigger and added a signature.
Last edited by Myth on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

'...'

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:10 pm
Araidne says...

Much cooler! 8) You have a gift for art! :P
Out flew the web, and floated wide,
The mirror cracked from side to side.
'The curse has come upon me' cried
The Lady of Shalott

820 Reviews

Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:52 pm
Myth says...

Thanks Araidne.

'...'

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:54 pm
Snoink says...

Wow! A talented writer with artistic skillz! ;)

The one without the ropes is... lame. But I love the one with ropes, even though it does look slightly small. It reminds me of those pictures in the novels... yeah.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

820 Reviews

Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:10 am
Myth says...

Thank you Snoink I wish my art teacher had read this because he didn't think drawings done under 30mins was worth anything.

The first one is sooo lame! I totally forgot the ropes until Sponson Light reminded me and I really like adding in notes next to the pictures like they did in old novels.. they don't do that anymore... I had to resize that one because my stupid computer didn't allow massive sized images to be saved.

Thanks again to EVERYONE I always had a passion for both writing and drawing, one way or another I'll be a writer and illustrator (more money for me XD)

'...'

820 Reviews

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:33 am
Myth says...

Another attempt at shading and I used my hand as a model.

'...'

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:55 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Wow, I can never draw hands but somehow you do it really well. The shading seems good enough to me, but I'm not an artist so I can't really help you with that so much.

I really like the whole text next to drawing thing. I guess you did that after you scanned it in. With the signature though, did you add that while you were drawing or did you do that on the pc?

Tent number 2 is my favourite so far, but keep posting your work so we can see more!! :P

~KayJuran~

“Rise like Lions after slumber In unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew Which in sleep had fallen on you— Ye are many—they are few.”
— Mary Shelly