z

Young Writers Society

Iliana

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:42 pm
-KayJuran- says...

this is Iliana: my friend drew her for me. she's a character in my story - a bard. I coloured it in in paint shop pro 7 and added the text. hope you like! :P

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:06 am
Sponson Light says...

You should blacken the outline, the pencil makes it look unfinished.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Fri May 18, 2007 7:01 pm
theron guard says...

I really like it! You are really an artist! :D :D
Ohhhhhhh YEAH!!!!!!

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat May 19, 2007 2:07 pm
stirly says...

I like the overall peice, but it definately has some issues. Her arms are WAY too long, and her legs are way too short. Bad mixture. The dress isn't flowing naturally down her body line. It might help if some natural creases were connected to the wrinkles that at the bottom of the dress. The scarf has been drawn sort of funny. All of a sudden, it just randomly gets wider on the bottom on both sides. Her left hand is the correct size, but it seems as if the bones that are in the hand were someone forgotten. The right hand needs to be the same size as the left hand.
The nose is a bit too high, but thats really not a noticeable detail unless you're OCD (yeah.... I sort of am :D) The instrument seems perportionate, except for the top. All of a sudden, it went from being 3-D and having some deapth to it to having no deapth whatsoever and appearing completely flat. Her shoulders are WAY too wide. Its sort of like shoulder pads gone wild, but for the wrong year. I like the eyes. Unfortunately, she doesn't have any wrists at the present moment, nor does she seem to have correctly perportioned elbows. The upper arm is always going to be a teensie bit bigger than the forearm.

Anyway, thats just my opinion. I'm not a professional artists/art critiquer, so it may not be the uber best idea ever to trust me :D The coloring is cool, by the way.
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat May 19, 2007 2:16 pm
oregongirl says...

I liked this. :) It kind of looks a little fuzzy and unfinished. Maybe if you fixed that it would look awesome. Good job it takes a lot to draw something! I just finished a little girl and it took me sooooo long! Well anyway great job! :D

:elephant:
OREGONGIRL

Reviews: 2
Mon May 21, 2007 3:25 am
CrazedCOCONUT says...

I noticed that the rays of sunlight kindof contrast with the outline of her and the coloring in itself. I would suggest getting rid of the rays of light or redoing the outline, instead of a fuzzy kindof texture, try something solid. And yeah... I mimic what stirl said. Sorry... I guess me and her are sort of... in stirly's words, "OCD" Yes we are perfectionists when it comes to art. :)

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Mon May 21, 2007 6:53 am
Sohini says...

hats off to you and yorfriend.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Mon May 21, 2007 6:59 am
Shine says...

Hey this is nice.......well done!!
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown