z

Young Writers Society

Call me a Dork....

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:36 am
Sponson Light says...

But how else do you think I know how to draw orks?

I scanned in a model, and cleaned it up a bit.
Just an old school model, like about 6 years old, they remoulded these old models for a "re-release".

I got one, monopose though, I cut off the sword and put in a hammer, then proceeded to paint it. (not for warhammer 40k)

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/1817/scan00033qz.jpg

Will proceed to scan more, but meh. If your interested post or something.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:09 am
Elizabeth says...

this is cool maaaaaaaan

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:52 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

You're a dork!

Okay... that is pretty cool, and explains why you draw them the way you do. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:43 am
View Likes
Sureal says...

I've never really like the older models. They look odd ;).

I still have a lot of my warhammer (I'm to lazy to get rid of them). But they're not really that well painted.
I wrote the above just for you.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:51 am
antigone says...

No. not a dork.
Umm.... It kinda looks like the incredible hulk?
But cool, very cool. I like the axe.
Siempre, siempre: jardin de mi agonia,
tu cuerpo fugitivo para siempre,
la sangre de tus venas en mi boca,
tu boca ya sin luz para mi muerte.

-From 'Del amor imprevisto', Federico Garcia Lorca

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:26 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

It's not bad.

You're not a dork since I paint them all the time. Do you want me to post any of mine up?

Anyway, it seems like the green needs another layer of highlight since it looks pretty dull at the moment. I'm not much of a fan of the really shiny silver either, I prefer the matt metal approach. Also, if you can, put a pupil in his eye! Please...it would make the model look so much more complete.

Otherwise it looks pretty much a good tabletop standard. By the way, where did you get the hammer? Is it an Empire one from the Knight set? It looks familiar anyway.

And it would be good if you posted more, I'd be very interested.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:11 pm
Rei says...

I think geek is the better word. Please don't take that the wrong way. To me, being a geek is a good thing.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:30 am
View Likes
Sponson Light says...

Firestarter wrote:It's not bad.

You're not a dork since I paint them all the time. Do you want me to post any of mine up?

Anyway, it seems like the green needs another layer of highlight since it looks pretty dull at the moment. I'm not much of a fan of the really shiny silver either, I prefer the matt metal approach. Also, if you can, put a pupil in his eye! Please...it would make the model look so much more complete.

Otherwise it looks pretty much a good tabletop standard. By the way, where did you get the hammer? Is it an Empire one from the Knight set? It looks familiar anyway.

And it would be good if you posted more, I'd be very interested.

This model is like the freaken size of a Modern Fantasy Goblin. Plus I dont have a brush that small to add the pupil to his friggen eyes.

It was a chaos warrior's hammer, thus the arrow sign. Though I dont understand why the arrow is a symbol of chaos, as its in fantasy and 40k.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

Once you have people's attention, you have a greater responsibility to tell them something of value.
— Tobias Forge (Ghost B.C.)