Young Writers Society

Graphics

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:25 am
Lava says...

HI.
The laptop I'm currently using doesn't have a photo editor that can shrink photos, so you'll have to make do with the large one's that I've put up. :)
Attachments
yellow.JPG
I took The photo of the butterfly and edited it.
yellow.JPG (188.39 KiB) Viewed 370 times
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:30 am
Lava says...

I made this while I was waiting for Brisingr to release
Attachments
bris.JPG
bris.JPG (27.35 KiB) Viewed 365 times
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:34 am
LowKey says...

Very nice -- I like the color choices. Very warm and fuzzy -- something much needed up here where the temperature's currently 17 or so below freezing. Very nice and sunny... has a happy feeling to it. It looks great, too, the wavey lines you've got going on there. It almost looks like it should be on a website as the homepage, or as an advertisment, maybe on an information pamplet. It looks really great and proffessional. Don't know how long this took you, but you could turn things like this into something out there if you wanted to. Again, it looks great. :) Really happy.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:37 am
Lava says...

This is the first I as a wallpaper.
Attachments
Curves.jpg
Curves.jpg (281.03 KiB) Viewed 360 times
~

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:59 pm
LowKey says...

The second one is fun, has a cartoony, party, bouncy-ball look to it. :D Very happy looking. The third is awesome. I love the eye. Very cool touch there. At the same time, though, I think I'm favoring the second one, just because of how fun it looks. The first is happy, the third is calm, and the second is party, as far as moods go. :)
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:30 am
Lava says...

Here's my favourite which I forgot to put up. I thought I can make something like for a state-level competition!

I didn't enter it in the end, I couldn't go for it because I had exams :(
Attachments
TreeandMoon copy.jpg
TreeandMoon copy.jpg (268.67 KiB) Viewed 347 times
Last edited by Lava on Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
~

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:13 am
Juniper says...

WOW! Amazing graphics!

I tried doing graphic design on photoshop and realized that I failed, so anyone who attempts it, maintains their sanity, comes out alive, AND has something worth looking at is my hero. Great job.These are perfect and wonderful and amazing. My favorite is the last one you posted. It's super cool! I like it :). At first the moon looked sunken, but when I looked at it again it sort of popped. Very cool however you managed that.

i liked them alot. You should try more... if you think you'll survive :lol:

Great job!

10/10!

xxJune
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:43 pm
VampireBloodrace says...

THAT IS SOOO COOL!!!!!!! I'm SUPER jealous! I really like the Brisingr one! I agree with the nice colors you've chosen - for all of them! You've got a great talent in photoshop and it seems like you actually know what you're doing! (There's a great number of people who select things randomly and accidentally make something cool)

I really like it!
Friends are life
Music is life
Love is life
Writing is life
Hate is Death

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:19 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Knowing how to work photoshop is one thing. And knowing how to create art is another thing. You know how to create art on photoshop! I especially like the tree and moon one. It reminds me of a story book image. It stills everything, like it freezes that moment so you can see everything clearly. I love your images ^^
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:21 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

Wow. You are amazing at graphics. You could so be a graphics designer. I like the first one and second. I love the third and absolutely and utterly, completely and totally adore the last one. It is breathtakingly amazing. It really is. You must have been practising for years xD
I like the colours used in the second, and they eye is awesome in the third. The fourth though, is something else entirely, it is just amazing.
Sorry, I don't have a helpful critique, but you are really good at these xD
~Lost xxx
for what are we without words and stories?

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:51 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

I've only used photoshop a few times. You are really good!

First graphic: I love, love, love those flowers! They are so pretty! I wish you had made it smaller so it was easier to view. Oh well. ^_^

Second: Neat.

Third: Ooooh... I like the colors! How did you put the eye in there? That's really cool.

Fourth: Good luck in the competition. I agree with June. The moon pops which is nice. The tree looks kind of fake-ish, but I don't think you were going for realistic-ness.

Nice job!

-Sakura
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

Between living and dreaming there is a third thing. Guess it.
— Antonio Machado