z

Young Writers Society

Face

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:36 am
xGraceex says...

I don't usually do pictures like this, but it was for my art homework and i had to make everything in proportion. i know one eye is slightly bigger than the other but what face is perfect? please review! all comments welcome :D
Attachments
img012 - Copy22.jpg
img012 - Copy22.jpg (132.78 KiB) Viewed 293 times
SOME WISE WORDS xxx
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder
All true wisdom is found on T-shirts

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:15 am
Nutty says...

You know, I wish I could draw like that. Lol. I can draw, but I have to erase things so many times to get the proportions right... ><

The only thing I can see is her neck doesn't look quite right-is it further in on one side?
Love the eyes. The hair is good too- but shouldn't you see it going right to the neck- you know, where you see the hair hanging from the back of your head? If you get what I mean.

The hairclip and flower are a nice touch, but where's your trademark stars? :wink:
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

76 Reviews

Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:16 am
xGraceex says...

lol, he teacher made me rub them out :D
SOME WISE WORDS xxx

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:18 am
Nutty says...

Make the hairclip one decorated with a star :wink:
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:29 am
Chirantha says...

Wow. Just Wow. You seem to be a great poet and a professional drawer. Even I can't draw like that. If you come to our school, our art teacher would have made you her pet student. Your drawing is marvelous.

Okay, in the picture you had used deep brush work and dark outlines to draw the eyes. The eyes are the best part of a face. Ever seen a picture of a face, and can you guess how he/she looks like without seeing their eyes? No. The eyes should have it's emotions shown to understand the whole picture.

Well, I can say that this was a great picture and most beautifully drawn. Well done.

And good luck. :D
Warden: "If you want to lead, all you have to do is ask."
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:31 pm
noigexx says...

If I didnt have such high standards I would say it's very good but I have always had extremely high standards with everything involving art! The eyes have no emotion at all...the eylashes...theres something wrong there... and her face is expressionless.

Your very talented... I know because anyone but me would say this is fantastic.
Your very good at drawing hair and flowers but need to work more on facial fetures and shading can add a lot of depth and emotion and make the picture pop.... this looks unfinished but you can improve it and post it again because if you can do hair that well I'm sure you can do the rest to!

:) xx

76 Reviews

Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:11 pm
xGraceex says...

Thanks, as i said im not so good with faces but i did this for my art homework like a year ago and it was just about proportions so if you look at my other stuff im sure you might find something you like more :D
SOME WISE WORDS xxx

This looks like a really bad episode of Green Acres.
— David Letterman