Young Writers Society

Cool pictures I took a few days ago.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:55 am
Searria H. says...

Umm... Is that butterfly dead or alive? If it's alive, how did you get so close?

I love the turtle. It's really cute. I used to have a turtle, but my dog kept digging him up, so we had to give it away.

The colors in both of these pictures are very clear and sharp. Nicely focused!

I don't have anything helpful to say. Sorry. :?

-Sea-
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

59 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 59
Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:10 am
Fye says...

Hey! I think the angles of the pictures were good. As opposed to Searria, though, I don't think they were sharp. Did you have macro on?

I like the tortoise better, because it has personality. ;) It goes with the saying that a picture paints a thousand words. It makes you think of something even without saying anything. The moth, however, didn't really hit me. It was just a bright pretty moth. But nothing else.

A picture that stimulates the mind is part of being a good picture, in my opinion. It's all about choosing your subjects carefully and what story or thought you want to put behind it.

But whatever it is, the skill is there. You've got your angles and zooms just right. Keep it up!

Cheers,
Fye.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:48 pm
sircoisoc says...

About the butterfly... When you want to shoot bugs, flowers, or any detailed thing, MACRO is you best friend! For me.. it seems you didn't use macro when you took this butterfly and that's why it looks a little bit dull.

The turtle is really cute!! It seems almost like a cartoon, the position of the turtle is really good, I liked the little plants around it.. pretty nice turtle!

I hope this can help you improve your work!
--I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief--

Mr. Scorpio says productivity is up 2%, and it's all because of my motivational techniques -- like donuts and the possibility of more donuts to come.
— Homer Simpson