Young Writers Society

Lord Balor

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:20 pm
tdownes says...

Click on the link and see . :wink:

http://sky-lily2.deviantart.com/art/Loo ... l-98383113
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm and the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the Universe. And ...he's wonderful.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:54 pm
Clo says...

Oh wow! This is very good. :D

I really enjoy all the detail put into it. This is such a good drawing of a dragon - the folds of the wings, the scales, all nicely done.... the position itself is very unique. His foot on the furthest left looks a little awkward the way it's kind of half-resting on his tail. And I guess some of the shadowing underneath him his inconsistent.

But overall, this is nice. Great detail!

~ Clo
How am I not myself?

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:10 pm
View Likes
little.angelfire says...

Haha, that dragon looks like it's trying to be sexy XD

Tha'ts a very good thing! YOu've added some character to your character ^.^ It's hard to make a drawing show its personality (whether you wanted your dragon to show personality or not) and you've done a great job in just the way it's positioned!

And what did you use to color it with? It's blended really well and kinda makes you wanna touch it because its skin looks soft. Well done

--meow
Climb inside my belly button beanbag plastic world!

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:25 pm
tdownes says...

Thanks. This took me quite a while.
I guess I was in a weird mood as well, and, yes, he's suposed to have character...he is a character.
I just used ink to outline this, and simply colours pencils to colour it in.
I depends on the pencils that you buy: I find soft coloured pencils
are the only ones I like and can work with. Not like the pencils thye give you at school -those ones , that their leads are really hard, and you practically have nearly break the lead to get a dark colour [or puncture the paper you're using..) Those pencils should die.
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm and the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the Universe. And ...he's wonderful.

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:18 pm
artistpersona says...

Very nice!
The only things that look a little odd to me are the chest muscles and the rock color; it blends into your dragon.
The shadowing of the tail is excellent. The wings look great - their structure and especially the shading is very good. His pose is original and characteristic. The detail in the scales on his face is a nice touch.

I'll be watching you on DA, keep up the good work!

The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitudes.
— Viktor Frankl