z

Young Writers Society

Dog and a Can of Lager

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:44 pm
Lauren says...

This user has been banned and her works removed from YWS.
Attachments
IMGP1705.JPG
IMGP1705.JPG (8.53 KiB) Viewed 135 times

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:34 pm
tdownes says...

Hey, I remember seeing that when I came round [shortly before the end of the summer]
It's cute. So is the dog. But its face proportion looks slightly out. Did you copy that dog from your own memory> Is it a beagle or something. Looks like one.
And the explanation for the beer can? I can't read the lettering on the front...
I notice that the colouring is juddered about- but I completely understand. Canvas paper does that with any form of media [excluding material i.e. for collages]
That why when you paint you paint in layers to stop the canvas purposely showing through

Otherwise being slightly out of focus, and seemingly faded, I think you did a very good job *Gives cookie ^,^*
I love the dog's doleful look.

----T.
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm and the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the Universe. And ...he's wonderful.

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:10 am
Lauren says...

Can see what you mean. But if you mean the cheek, it's meant to look flattened, as its against the ground.
It was meant to be a spaniel of some sort or other.

It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats—the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill —The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it—and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.
— JRR Tolkien