z

Young Writers Society

"outside" shots

Random avatar

Reviews: 333
Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:24 am
emotion_less says...

i'm a wannabe photographer... but alls i am is a girl with a unprofessional digital camera. =P comments or critiques please? feel free to be harsh- thanks.

on the outside of my house's doorstep, there is this light. it was a wet day.

a street by my house- it looked awesome in the sunset. another wet day.

a fire hydrant standing in front of a house... i thought it looked like a guard so i took a picture. same day.

and a totally different shot. some nifty looking flowers.

Random avatar

Reviews: 64
Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:32 pm
bisquit says...

these are really cool. i especially like the last one as you capture lots of detail in the foreground :)

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:33 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Agreed, very nice detail in the last one, I love the colours and the different textures. Not particularly keen on the first one, I think the contrast and colour would look a lot better if the light was on. The second one looks lovely - very peaceful. And yeah, the fire hydrant does look like a guard. :lol:
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:39 am
Firestalker says...

Cool pictures specially the one of the flower that looks like a spiky ball that's going to explode any minutes.

Only pictures i didn't like were the first picture because its blurry and the fire hydrant which looks like you've used Photoshop to paste it in the picture. Good photo's though :wink: :wink:
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

Random avatar

Reviews: 333
Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:57 am
emotion_less says...

thanks for the comments guys!

and yeah, i think i blurred the first shot wayy too much. and it's a bit uninteresting. and editing pictures are not my specialty.

thanks for all the critiques guys! =D

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:12 am
Searria H. says...

These are neat.
I thought the fire hydrant was a little random, but that's all right. It looked a little odd in the picture, as Firestalker pointed out.
The flower is really cool. What are those called. I think I might have some in my garden.

The first picture is very artistic, and there is something about it that catches my eye. It would be better if it wasn't so blurry, though.

I enjoyed the pictures!

-Sea-
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:54 am
Sportgurl46 says...

wow :) :) :) your pictures are great :) :) the first one is a little blurry, but it is still good :) :) i really like the second one :) it looks so cool :) i like how there are no cars on the street or parked on the curbs :) :) the third one is really pretty :) i like how the flower you took a picture of is different than all the rest of them :) :) it makes it look so great :) over-all these are all really good :) great job :)

happy picture taking :)

-sport
omg lol thx HD!

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:36 pm
Rascalover says...

Wow these are some niffty pictures!
my absolute favorite is the picture of the street. i love how almost pure it looks.
The picture of the light is a little off to me maybe it could be shot by a different angle.
the last picture of the flowers is sooo cute!

Awesome job!
-Tiffany
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:41 am
Fireweed says...

Streetlight: I really like this one. Great composition and I love the texture of the bricks.

Street/sky: The sky is beautiful in this one but the street's a bit boring. I think I'd have liked it more if you'd focused in on the sky more. Also it looks like the camera was at a bit of an odd angle...

Hydrant: I really like the hydrant and the bold color but I think the back ground looks kind of cluttered.

Flowers: This is so lovely. ^__^ I wish my flower close ups came out that well. THe contrast of the purple petals and teh yellow centers is gorgeous.

Overall, really nice work. I think you have talent. ^_^
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:01 pm
hershey says...

Awesome pictures. I think you have a talent for photography.
I liked the first picture of the light. You can see the texture of the bricks really well.
The street pic was not my fave. I think it would look better if it was sunny out.
The fire hydrant one is cool. It looks like it's as tall as the house in the background.
The flower one is the greatest. I like all the colors and stuff.
Overall, good job.
Hershey

i exist in a constant state of confusion so its ok
— veeren