z

Young Writers Society

Portraits

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:40 am
Cade says...

I've been picking up a little extra money this summer by taking senior portraits for my friends...here are a few favorites from one session. (Yes, the first two are a lot smaller than the last two. I have no idea why.)

"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:23 am
.:Echelon:. says...

Wow there are really good, the bigger size is better,my favourite is the second one as it is very different than the others.
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:49 am
jules4848 says...

Pic #1: i like the idea of using black and white and the angle is good for the size of the picture although you may want to zoom in more on the face

Pic#2: for this pic the angle isn't that grate when you are making a portrait you want to capture the person at a level angle. Plus the background could be a little better.

Pic#3: i love this pic! it is the best out of all of them. The background is perfect! and the close up I think works best with this person

Pic#4: this picture is my second favor although you may want to trim the bottom a bit because with a close up you notice more things and her neck stands out more.

hope this helped
Searching For An Explanations...
http://www.realityhitchhiker.blogspot.com/

758 Reviews

Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:36 am
Cade says...

Thanks for the comments! Pictures 2 and 4 are my favorites...my friend says 4 is definitely in the running for her yearbook portrait.

Though my friend is less enthusiastic, I love 2 as a portrait because of the tone of the image...the lighting is fantastic. Jules - often in portraits you actually do try to capture the person from above. Many people look better when they are looking slightly up.

The one with the black-eyed-susans is more of a fun picture, but it's not the best in terms of quality, I think. I wish it had been slightly less sunny that day!

Thanks again for the comments!
Colleen
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:17 am
mtempleton says...

The last is my favourite! The light is great and I don't think you need to trim it at all.

I think you need to work on the first two though. There's noting wrong with the composition but they are a little dark. Get yourself to photoshop and play with the curves and the contrast.
"I want my journey to be full of laughter"

Final Fantasy X

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:28 pm
firewalkwithme says...

Great pictures! I like the 3rd one the best. I like how her yellow shirt and black earrings match perfectly with the flowers. Great lighting. Maybe you could play around with the first two in photoshop or some other editor, picasa is pretty cool, to add some character and really make them pop. Even just playing around with the contrast and saturation could create a whole new feel.

758 Reviews

Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:26 pm
Cade says...

Photoshop is my best friend, trust me...I don't have it, unfortunately, but the school computers have CS3.

Thanks for your input!

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:33 pm
Livinginfantasy says...

That last photo, I must say, is my favorite.

The colors in the background in contrast to her outfit, the angle, the pose, the way the light hits her hair... but mainly, the look in the eyes. Gorgeous!

the world (me) cries out for salvation (snacks)
— creaturefeature