z

Young Writers Society

Bitter Sweet cover

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:58 pm
Bittersweet says...

Ah, gotta love Photobucket. Where the clouds are used to be a big huge white blob, so I'm pretty proud of my hand made sky. Heh. The picture below is a picture of Scotland. Also, Bitter is in the clouds because the clouds are 'bitter' and the sky is 'sweet'. (Though the clouds are pretty sweet to me. [self-righteous]) I added a few softening effects and played with the saturation to give it a kind of glow and make the green in the eyes more brilliant. Anyway, I got the pictures from Google... so thanks to the people who I got it from.
Attachments
Bitter Sweet Cover.jpg
Bitter Sweet Cover.jpg (142.77 KiB) Viewed 473 times
eviscerate your fragile frame
spill it out in ragged form
a thousand different versions of yourself.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:21 pm
BloodSunset says...

The wonders of photoshop huh? Well, I think you did a fairly good job on this, I can't put my finger on it but something seems a little off, it might be the placement of the eye but there is something missing in my opinion. Maybe make the clouds a little darker, it would represent bitter a little better. The way you put the photos together though, you wouldn't even notice that they weren't together if you hadn't told us which pictures you used.

Good job! Keep it up!
Porcelain skin stained with tears,
Hands covering her face to hide from her fears.

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:32 pm
Angel of Death says...

I like this but I think the eye is in the wrong place. I don't know what your story is about but I do think the eye throws off the beauty of this possibly historic castle in Scotland because the clouds have this painted effect as which clashes wonderfully with the castle but then there's the eye. Great Job all in all though.
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:01 am
BigBadBear says...

Hey Holly!

This is a really pretty cover. I only have a couple things to tell you.

1) As everyone else said, the eyes is a bit out of place. It's even a little crooked. I would move it slightly to the right and make it perfectly straight.

2) I like the title, but I think you need to move it down. It's too high up on the page. I would put the "Sweet" word so that it is overlapping the sky AND the city. I like it on the right part of the page, though. It's pretty sweet..

I love the title cover and the book. And I will critique the next four chapters. I promise. XD

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

Reviews: 2
Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:42 pm
ravens doll says...

i really like this. It looks really good.

I like where the eye is it has some what of an off balnce kind of but i like it like that.

But I do lthink that you would want to make the clouds a bit darker to get more of the whole bitter effect.

But I really love the cover. It's very pretty.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:24 pm
Blink says...

This is really nice, I love messing around with Gimp and especially things like this :)

The houses are a little blurry, and to be honest I don't know if they are needed. I think there's too much going on to focus, so I would recommend letting there be a pale blueness at the bottom. It might be nice to have a little road or whatever. I haven't read your novel but does it fit in with the story?

Not bad, lovely font!

:smt102
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

Reviews: 2
Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:59 pm
Amblur` says...

I know you've shown me this before but now that I look at it better it does look a bit off... Like most people said the eye is kinda out of place. But other than that I think its good!

~Amber

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:22 pm
artistpersona says...

Wow, really nice work!

Hmm... To the left of the eye there seems to be no top lashes, so maybe you could try editing that (copy and paste from the other lashes or try using a soft brush to draw it in yourself).
Also, the city picture seems blurry... that's caused by using GIF (or sometimes JPG if you set the quality low enough) as the file format. I don't think you caused it, must have been from the original image. Anyways, I would try to use a blur/soften tool to make that look better. It may even lessen the action (even though I disagree with Blink, I think it's fine and blue would be boring ;)).

Be aware that it'll still look great even if you don't edit it. You did a fantastic job. :)

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:33 am
Kaylyn says...

I love it... I probably should get a cover for my book drawn. have 20 pages already and i still have plenty of ideas left for a novel.

Great job and good luck
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

I am proud of my self, the reason why some of you might disagree with me a little with, but nevertheless I still proud.
— Oxara