z

Young Writers Society

The Bird & the Fish

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:16 am
Clo says...

There's this song I love by Umbrella Tree...about a bird and a fish that fall in love but can't be together because they can't breathe when they're together, in each other's realms.

So...voila! :D It's an adorable song.
Attachments
The Bird and the Fish.jpg
The Bird and the Fish.jpg (38.99 KiB) Viewed 340 times
How am I not myself?

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:44 pm
tdownes says...

I like it! It's kinda cute...
Though I have to admit, their expressions don't really convey their emotions; furthermore in what the whole song is about...
But I've got admit that the fish [that goldfish, I'm assuming?] does look very real, and I should take back my comment about improving the expressions, especially the fish's, since they have a blank, expression-less stare.... I'll let you off for that...
The way you've positioned the bird; it does look inquisitive, but unfortunately when I look at this scene it just prepares me to see bloody carnage...
Overall, it's great! :D
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm and the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the Universe. And ...he's wonderful.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am
chocoholic says...

It's kind of cute, but they don't really look like they're in love or anything. I reckon this would look better as a cartoon with love hearts in the eyes and everything.

The tree right above the water seems to be a weird place to put it. It's a good picture, I just don't think it can properly convey the emotion that there's supposed to be (I haven't heard the song so I don't really know).
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:37 am
Clo says...

Oh, they're not really supposed to be conveying emotions... I meant for them to just sort of look like they really do, not cartoony.

Of course, now I see that there's really no point in drawing something like this if you're not going to portray the emotion. I probably just wanted to draw a bird and a fish, since I tend to doodle fishes especially, haha.

^_^ Thanks, everyone.
How am I not myself?

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:05 pm
Jon says...

hey i liked this i liked the way the bird was just watching the fish practically saying "your lunch"
but i think you should make the fish more worried, maybe bigger eyes. also make the bird more curious and jumpy towards the fish. over all i liked this.
keep drawing
---Jon--- :D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:29 pm
gamechanger10 says...

this was light and happy...sort of...if you're not the bird or the fish...

i do suggest that you change their expressions. or at least the fish's. it looks a tad scared.

they should look longingly at each other, internally torchered by their love.

yeah. thats all i would change. you have a great cartoon-y look to your piece. it's nice.

good job.

-GC10
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

Make your dreams come true. Don't wish for them, work for them.
— Lilly Singh