z

Young Writers Society

Maui Vacation Artistic photography

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:47 am
Wojovox says...

preface: These photos were only slightly edited. I only have windows photo gallery. So most of the pictures only have differences in their contrast and brightness, but a few have kept their original form. Hope you like, but be honest.

Mini sailboats for children.
cross in Hana overlooking shorline
coconut on black pebble beach
somwhere in hawaii
road to Hana
looking up through lava tube
lava slabs over ocean
Boeing 777 turbine engine in Kona
roots on the wall under waterfall

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:48 pm
andimlovegalore says...

Oh my gosh =] what lovely photos. I love the one of the coconut on the pebble beach, the contrast in colours is lovely. The winding road is at such a good angle, the way it twists out of sight.
That place looks lovely <3

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:15 pm
kris says...

Only slightly edited? cheeky so and so! :P that coconut picture has about 20filters on it hehehehe
- i am afraid that to us mere mortals, this is a lot :P

Brilliant photos anyway (sorry for being a dorris lol) I really wish i could go to somewhere that exotic *weeps*

kris
x

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:57 pm
day tripper says...

You're photography style is very nice; enjoyable.

1] This has to be my favorite. The way the rocks unravel the crashing water into the easy going sea with the sailboats aligning the back was amazing. Thumbs up!(:

2] This one doesn't look so great to me. First, the upper left corner and bottom right corner there is a rounding black and it looks like it was shot out of a fast-moving car which is not the best way to take photography.

3] The contrast on this one is beautiful. I didn't know it was a coconut at first; it reminded me of something from Pokemon, what's his name? Oh well, I forget. d: But it was neatly taken and this one too gets a thumbs up(:

4] I love how this one was taken. But the base of the tree looks black and white while the branches are still green? Maybe if you fixed the saturation on that, it would work better.

5] This is another favorite; great shot! Only problems I would have with it is that you can see the cars rearview mirror and behind the gaurd rail there is this tan looking thing but it shows how fast you're going and is blurry. If you were to cut those two things out, it would look like you stood on that street and took this(:

6] It's neat where you were, but believe me these kind of shots are hard to take. You can't have the sun shining right into the camera. It blurs the picture and also gives it thise purple-ly color. The only time I ever got it right was once this summer: http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk16 ... G_0837.jpg
d:

7] Here the water is a clear, dark blue which really accents the gray rocks and white water crashes. This was a nice shot; but it doesn't look like anything special. I still really like it though!

8] Was it really sunny that day? You can barely see the turbine engine and again, dont want the sun to get into it directly.

9] Personally, I really don't like this one at all. It's neat that the roots would grow like that but it just doesn't interest me. Sorry!
A little less inhuman.
A little more brutal.
Let the blood be your drug.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:42 pm
Stori says...

I'm no photography critter, but I like the turbine and the lava slabs over water.

The first draft is a trip to the amusement park. The next drafts are returning there as a safety inspector.
— SunsetTree