z

Young Writers Society

History Lesson

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:19 pm
Maybe says...

Content deleted by user.
Last edited by Maybe on Mon May 23, 2011 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:55 pm
Leja says...

Spitting faces... lol ^_^ It almost looks like they're trying the drink the water back up from the pool. I love how these are all done in black and white and that they're framed in a simple black border. I think the camera angles got better as they progressed.

I must say, "Abajado" is my favourite. There are a lot of details in it, which is cool.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:47 pm
Sohini says...

Oh! the boat one is loverly.
The spitting faces is cool and so is the cannon.

I wish you had the whole block of the coat of arms and prison isn't all very exciting.

The black and white touch for the historical sites make them special.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:53 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

I like all of them, but my least favorite is the "Hole". I really like the spitting faces and the "Boat". I like how the pictures are in black and white. It gives it a old timey look and the old buildings just make more beautiful to look at. It look like you are in Spain or Italy. Were are you anyway? It looks like a wonderful place. Keep up the good work! Peace 8)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:23 am
View Likes
ChildofEden says...

Gah, nothing makes me feel more fangirl-ish than good black and white photography! & these are really cool!
I like how these all look like you captured a bit of a world long past. I can picture all the goings on that must have happened.
As stated by another, I absolutely adore how you managed to simply frame them all in black. Kudos to you! (Spitting faces makes me laugh)

~ Eden
The Future Belongs To Those Who Believe In The Beauty Of Their Dreams. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

My God, oh how you've changed me; broken, shaped, and rearanged me. How you've knocked me down so you could pick me up.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:35 am
chocoholic says...

I liked the prison, spitting faces and the boat. The face was a bit weird, the angle was annoying (I'm assuming it was up high and kind of impossible to take a straight-on photo of).

The hole was cool, but a bit random.

I really liked the cannon.

Just wondering, why are these all in black and white? Is that just what you were trying? I reckon they'd look cool in sepia, but I know nothing about art and photography.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:23 pm
niccy_v says...

wow, these are so riveting! Amazing photography, you should really sell a few of these if you wanted, i'd buy them! Where where they taken? You have talent, that's for sure.
Writing gives my life purpose

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:10 pm
View Likes
Lethero says...

Cool pictures. I like the cannons ;). Which fort is it. It's been so long sinced I lived in Florida that I forgot. Anyways I think they are great shots.....that's all I have to say.

Boon the Werewolf
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:31 pm
Maybe says...

Thanks for all the replies, everyone! *Hands out muffins*

Blacktiger>> We were actually at a fort in north Florida. I wish it had been Spain or Italy. ^.^

Choco>> They're all in black and white because it gives them a bit of an old touch. The fort we went to was over 200 years old (perhaps older?) so I thought it fitting. But I'll try them in Sepia and see what that looks like, as well. :)

Niccy>> Like I said to Blacktiger, they're taken at an old fort in northern Florida. And I'm actually starting to sell some of my photography, so if you're serious about buying one, let me know! XD

Thanks again everyone! Your comments are greatly appreciated!

-May
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

Reviews: 3
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:15 pm
Rabid_Writer says...

1.) I like the angle you took it at. It actually shows the angle the water is being 'spit' out at. Most take these type head on, but I like this better because you can see more. It does, however, begin to get blurry at the left, as you move down the row. But other than that one thing I love it.

2.) Again, I love the angle. I don't see anything particularly wrong with this one, such as a smear or anything blurry. Awesome.

3.) Wow. I really love this one. You can actually see all the little textures of the tower and you can see where is had been worn or weathered with age. Great job!

4.) Love the all the detail you can see. Absolutely amazing!

5.) I don't exactly like this one. There isn't that much detail and it's really dark. It's cool and all but it could be slightly improved.

6.) I love this one. It's got to be my favorite, and it's not just because I'm in love with cannons! I, again, love the angle and I like how the sun gleams off the side. Great!

7.) Ah! Detail! *huggles detail* Amazing! I love this one! Second favorite!

8.) Hmm... I don't exactly like how the thick bars cover the actual prison part. The first thing that caught me however, was the farther black and white bench. I have no idea why but it just is. I like this one other than the bar problem.

9.) I don't know what to say. I don't see anything wrong with it and I don't think anyone else will. I really like this one. I like how the boat is in the main view but the thing that caught me the most was all the buildings in the back and the bridge. Great job!

~~

Awesome god Maybe! I love all of this, especially the black and white and the borders. Great, amazing, awesome, stupendous job!

~Rabid~

I'm officially making it my goal in life to become a roomba. I want to be little robot. I want knives taped to me. I want to be free.
— TheMulticoloredCyr