z

Young Writers Society

Under My Skin

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:46 am
Ringo_rules987 says...

I drew up a "picasso" half face and a shaded version of the other half of my face (even though it barely looks like me). I named it "Under My Skin"

That's a scanned image. The shading I did is really dulled, it's much more dramatic in plain view.

That's a picture I took. The shading is a bit more highlighted.

Feel free to slay my work.

EDIT: I can't get the images to work. Help!

EDIT 2: Thank you May!
Last edited by Ringo_rules987 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If you love something, give it away"
~ Conor Oberst

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:29 am
Maybe says...

If you're on photobucket (which I can see you are), there should be a set of four different links for each picture. The link you chose was your direct link. You need to select the image ([img])%20code%20instead,%20so%20it%20could%20look%20like%20[img]your%20picture%20code%20here[/img]. Make sense?

-May
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:21 pm
tdownes says...

I must say this is very inventive. I think that the first image has more clarity, and is brighter and in more perspective than the second image.
As for the portrait, the left half is Picasso-like indeed. And when I look at it, for some reason I think of aboriginal art; it must be in the patterns. There are some pretty interesting patterns in there. And in the way the features are twisted, warped - especially the lips!
As for the right half, let's see...
Proportions....good- and you have managed to convey the 3-D-ness.
However, I have some grumbles: Your shading is accurate but it seems a bit...solid(?) when it comes to the cheek areas. It you shade it more circular motions, and gently smudge it in this way, you can create spots of light with using too many lines. and if all else fails, I suggest a putty eraser.
And the same point with the eyes. It's hard, |I know, but if you can add gentle touches of shade at the top of the eye [because the shadow of our lids fall on it] and at the edges to emphasize its 3-D-ness. You shade confidently, but in some areas it needs to be a bit stronger.
Like the hair, for instance? If you use a high-gradient soft pencil (say,5B or higher) and create gentle strokes, darkest near the scalp, and then smudge these strokes and repeat it again, you might find the hair gains a touch more "body'. If you've got fair hair, use a lower-gradient pencil (2B, 3B)
Hope this helps!

BTW...
Are you ear-less in reality? Your ear is MISSING! :shock:
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm and the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the Universe. And ...he's wonderful.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:57 pm
Ringo_rules987 says...

In the photo I took, the ear was not apparent. I will do some touch-ups on this. Please note that I haven't touched this in six months and much of the shading was dulled due to putting it in art shows.

But I'll get out my pencils and get to work.
"If you love something, give it away"
~ Conor Oberst

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:15 pm
Scorpia says...

Very cool! I like the normal face better, tjhe other part looks kind of freakily cool though, lol. I also LOVE the Artimus Fowl books in the background of the second pic, great books, lol. ;)
Do you have any more art? I tried to taking a pic of my art, it was to dark though, :(
Good, inventive picture. What was this done in?
Liked it a lot!
Scorpia
Feel the urge to give some constructive criticism? Why not give it to these stories?

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1298113/Scorpia710

Have you met a cow or another large animal?
— Liminality