z

Young Writers Society

Sunset

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:35 pm
lit-chick-4evva says...

I took this picture in mid-March, off the side of a highway...haha. This is one of my pictures that I like, and I hope you do too. :D
Attachments
DSCN0438.JPG
DSCN0438.JPG (1.35 MiB) Viewed 486 times
You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:42 pm
Snoink says...

Geep! It's kind of fuzzy and unclear, probably because the sun is right there. *points to large circular blob in the middle* Did you photoshop it or anything, because it looks slightly funny and weird. Or maybe it's the sun just being bright. :P
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:48 pm
Crawfy says...

Hiya!

It's a nice picture--if a little fuzzy. Ye, the sun looks a little fake but it certainly gives the picture a lovely image. The only thing that brings it down for me, is the road and the signs. They seem a little out of place, and I think they detract from the main picture. I would try sharpening this out, and making everything below the sun a nice silhouette.

Good luck!
D'eh! C'est Crawfy!

Got YWS?

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:26 pm
Night Mistress says...

that picture is nice, but a liitle bit fuzzy. next time, before submitting, you might want to photoshop it to take out the fuzziness a bit.

but, over all, it's a nice pic. good job on capturing the sunset.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:37 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Goodness gracious great ball of fire! The sun looks so freakin' huge and it's very romanic. Agreeing with the others, it is fuzzy, but you can still make out what it is. Good shot though. Keep up the good work! Peace. 8)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:35 am
Alteran says...

If you scale down the image it will help clear the fuzziness. I can't really see it all at once cause of how massive it is, but I do agree it is fuzzy and the sun is very striking.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:39 am
Areida says...

Dude... that's big. :shock:

It definitely needs to be scaled down; I can't see a thing as it is now. Even after I copied it into another program and made it smaller so I could see it, the photo was still blurry, so that's somewhat disappointing.

The sun looks really good, though, and I like the road signs and the way the road curves. I think the stuff on the right is a little distracting, though, so I'd consider a bit of croppage. ;)
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:05 pm
aestar101 says...

I have a hard time reviewing this picture because it is too big.

From what I saw it looks pretty good. Especially the sun. Good use of light and shadow. :D

Over all nice photo.
Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose. - Evan Esar
Like my opinions a lot? Let me critique you. topic29146.html

Deadlines just aren't real to me until I'm staring one in the face.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief