z

Young Writers Society

YWS Wallpaper!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon May 12, 2008 9:14 pm
Kadie says...

I made this for the art show, but i think i'm gonna try and make a better one before i definately enter it.

Let me know what you think, and feel free to use it if you like :)

And if it doesn't fit your screen, just leave me your computer resolution (height x width) and i'll try and make it fit.

Kadie x
Attachments
YWS Wallapaper.jpg
YWS Wallapaper.jpg (341.69 KiB) Viewed 452 times

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Tue May 13, 2008 12:21 am
Azila says...

Interesting! I like the blue haze and the bubbles.

However, the upside down letters seem a little random. Maybe try making them a reflection? All you'd need to do is schooch them over to the left (or schooch the right side up letters to the right).

Either way, I like it a lot. You should have Nate add it to the "downloads" section of YWS!

~Azila~

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Tue May 13, 2008 12:25 am
Ross says...

I agree with Azila! Otherwise pretty good. The letters are hard to read. Try making them gold or colored.
And we'll be a dream...

"Dee Dubbleyou." - BigBadBear

39 Reviews

Tue May 13, 2008 4:17 am
Kadie says...

The letters are hard to read? Have you seen it on full view?

Thanks for the comments :)

Kadie x

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Tue May 13, 2008 7:03 am
chocoholic says...

That's really cool. I'm terrible at critiquing art, but I really liked the blue circles.

It was a bit hard to read the writing. Maybe you should make it white or something?

Anyway, it's loads better than anything I could ever do.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

39 Reviews

Tue May 13, 2008 9:25 am
Kadie says...

I don't get how the writing is hard to read, unless you are not viewing it on full size. Just click it to enlarge.

And thank you.

Kadie x

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Tue May 13, 2008 9:42 am
PenguinAttack says...

Oooh, Kadie, this is awesome looking! It's a little too big for my screen, but I don't mind that at all. I love the colour and the bubbles look great.

I agree with Zilla about the upsidedown words. Shifting them so that they're a reflection, even one that's a little bit off, may make that look a little less odd.

Still, awesome. Luck with the contest!

*Hearts* Le Penguin.
Last edited by PenguinAttack on Tue May 13, 2008 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue May 13, 2008 9:48 am
Twit says...

Cool! Neat bubbles and the mirror effect is cool. It might look even better if you reversed the mirror lettering. Flipped it horizontally (<--->) thing.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Tue May 13, 2008 5:54 pm
Aedomir says...

Oh I love it!

The colours are really interesting, and I like it because it isn't over the top, yet nice haze! Great image, be sure to let Nate know about it. This is simple, yet very cool :-) Also, I love the angle and the way it points away. My only concern is that all the black space seems a bit wasted, but very good!

-Mark
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Tue May 13, 2008 6:55 pm
Shine says...

I will call that a smart background.I liked it.
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Tue May 13, 2008 7:39 pm
zoeybird13024 says...

That's really cute! That should be the official something of YWS...I'm still wondering exactly what kind of official background thing it could be, but it's awesome!

Yeah, you should talk to Nate about making it one of the downloads--I bet he'd agree that it's awesome and totally make it one! Heck, he might even make it the insignia of YWS if he really likes it!

-x-Ashes

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat May 24, 2008 12:17 am
day tripper says...

Ohohoh I love this one.
Very neat
I love how it reflects.
very nice(:
A little less inhuman.
A little more brutal.
Let the blood be your drug.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:00 am
Firearris says...

Oooh, this is awesome! At first, I thought it must have been hard, but after some thought, it looks pretty easy to do. Yes, yes, yes, talk to Nate about adding this! I really don't have much to say, its just...Awesome! XD

Great job,

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:21 pm
Lynlyn says...

Wow! What program did you make this in? I never make backgrounds in Photoshop because they take so long and they're so much work because of the size (especially when you have a widescreen monitor like I do!).

I set this as my background - had to use the "stretch" thing, but it still looks fine. It didn't mess it up or compress it like I thought it might.

Anyway, very impressive. I think the lettering is just fine, wouldn't change a thing about it. It's perfectly legible on my screen. 8) Great job!
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

39 Reviews

Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:29 pm
Kadie says...

^^ This was made in photoshop cs2.

Yeah, i don't usually make wallpapers either. It gets annoying when you have to view it at like 50% just to get the whole picture on the screen, and then cos you're not viewing it at 100% i always miss little mistakes.

I usually just make banners/signatures or icons when i can be bothered, but i just got really bored.

I'm glad you like it :)

I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
— Romans 9:25