z

Young Writers Society

The Cat

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun May 11, 2008 7:19 pm
nilou-and-amani says...

I love this picture! I took it about 4 years ago. I used to take care of these three stray cats, and this the youngest one.
Attachments
cat small.JPG
cat small.JPG (52.84 KiB) Viewed 499 times
Last edited by nilou-and-amani on Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Security is mortal's chiefest enemy"- William Shakespeare

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Mon May 12, 2008 1:50 am
Kepe says...

Cute cat! The photo itself is kinda neat, but I wish the lighting on the cat was a bit better. The leaves are a neat color, but I do wish they had less glare. All in all I think this photo has potential. 6/10.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu May 15, 2008 10:01 pm
Rydia says...

This is a good photo, though I wonder if you could resize it as it's stretching the board and also, hard to view properly. I think it lacks focus where some of the top leaves are concerned and would probably suggesting trimming the top just a little.

It's lovely how the leaves seem to frame the picture at the left and right and the cat itself is beautiful. The focus on the eyes and markings is perfect.

However, while this is a nice, interesting photo, it's more domestic than creative.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

19 Reviews

Thu May 15, 2008 11:47 pm
nilou-and-amani says...

Thank you guys for your comments. Truth be told, i wasn't even trying to be creative when i took it. I was actually really young, iwas about 11. I just thought it was cute so i put it up. By the way, can somebody teach me how to reduce the size, it is quite annoyong.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sat May 17, 2008 8:38 am
No Idea says...

good photo Cute Cat

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Fri May 23, 2008 1:19 pm
Azila says...

This picture is soooo huge! @_@

Is there any way you can downsize it? Because I had to make my browser window as big as possible so it was filling my whole screen (and I have a big screen), and even then I couldn't see more than half of it at a time.

But from what I did see, it seems like a really cute picture. Almost like one of those pictures you see on puppy/kitty calendars. You know? Those perfect, adorable photos that make you want to pick up the fuzzy little animal and hug them? Lol. Those eyes are gorgeous. :D

You may want to make the contrast higher, and make it a little less bright, though.

And if you could change the size that would be lovely...

~Azila~

19 Reviews

Sat May 24, 2008 5:18 pm
nilou-and-amani says...

Thank you! I actually have no clue how to make it smaller!! I'd really appreciate it someone told me how to do it!

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:22 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

I know I'm a little late, but I just wanted to say welcome to the young writers society :elephant: ! Hi, I'm Brooke by the way. :backtotopic: Ok, back to the picture. I like this. You captured the cat well and the leaves don't over flow the picture. Pretty kitty! I have a cat of my own. Her name is Tiffany and she's 9. Anyway, keep taking pretty pictures like this one. See you on the flip side!
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:26 pm
Lynlyn says...

So big! It took me an hour just to find the kitty. Really cute, though!

If you have a program like paint, open it up in that, and then change the percentages of the sketch and skew under "image" at the menu at the top. I think maybe 50% or so would be a better size, that would probably fit the page better.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:18 am
Firearris says...

Wow, is this a Calico Cat? Also, we have a Post Your Pet Pic thread, let me know if you want that link. I might be able to help you make it smaller! what program do you have this picture saved in?

Very cute, get back to me when you can!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

19 Reviews

Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:11 am
nilou-and-amani says...

Thank you so much! i finally figured out how to downsize it! I hope this is better! I would love the link for the thread! Actually, i have no clue what type of cat this is, it was stray and i just raised it.
Nice to meet you Brooke! Thank you for the warm welcome! :P

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:31 pm
Firearris says...

topic1680-90.html < Thats the link to the Post Your Own Pet Pic thread! ^_^

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:55 pm
Love2act4ever says...

AWW! It's such a cute kitty!

Now, did you use a flash on the camera? If so it kind of took away from the pic. If you look, you can see the glare on the leaves. In some cases, I think the flash is necessary...but in others it is not.

I am glad you made it much smaller then before, because it was hard to see when it was huge. (That made no sense) I mean it was harder to observe it when it was big?

I don't know what I’m saying...good job on pic.
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~William Shakespeare~
Scripts need love too!!!

Make your dreams come true. Don't wish for them, work for them.
— Lilly Singh