z

Young Writers Society

Pictures of Victoria

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:32 pm
Mortality says...

This is my friend Victoria, some pictures i took of her.
Hope you like.

I have this one in B&W and in color. I liked them both too much, couldn't decide so i put both

Not sure why this one is smaller?
Cause i resized the B&W one and forgot to do the other one.
Since the color is the original.

I really like this one, very cool.

I did this one in Sepia.
The B&W was bad and something was wrong with the color verison.
I dont really like it but decided to put it on here anyway.

This one is my favorite one, she took the picture but i told her what to do. I tried to take it but i didn't know where her other hand should go. I tried to do it many diffrent times by myself, but in the end it looked best when she took it.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:52 pm
Rei says...

very pretty. wish I could be more contrsuctive than that.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:49 pm
Aedomir says...

1) I really like this one, great angle.

2) Great colours and an excellent variation.

3) I didn't like this one. It seemed too blurry and hard to make out.

4) Again, great but this time it is a little blurry. Very nice.

5) I loved this one. Great colours, perspective, just great!

Very nice pics, make more!

Like Rei, I aspire to be more constructive.

:wink:

~Mark
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:36 pm
eternal says...

Number 1 and 2 had very nice backgrounds, and I think that's where the remainder of the photographs really suffered. The subject of a picture is very important, of course, but it will not work without an appropriate background for the kind of feeling you are trying to create.

Number 3 is blurry and not a good shot.

Also, are you editing pictures? It's usually not a good idea on people's faces after blemishes unless that's the kin of category you're going for.

Number 5 is my favourite, personally :)
The eyes look great... I wish I could see more of her features, though. And as for her arm that's taking the picture, that does take a little away from the photo.

Best of Luck!

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:23 pm
MidnightVampire says...

I liked them all, but I loved the last photo. i couldn't see much of her features besides her eyes (which were awsome looking)
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:30 am
Kadie says...

I really like the last one, it's better quality than the others and the colours are very striking, but perhaps a little too bright?

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:54 pm
Jennafina says...

These are really nice! I really love the one second to last (the one you say you don't like, lol.) She looks like a forest queen or something else from a fantasy novel. Very pretty and peaceful.

I like the first two. It's funny how changing the color makes a whole different mood in the picture. I like how they're blurred in places, but sharp on her face.

I don't really like the third one. I can't see her very well, and it looks like it was taken on a cell phone.

The last one is gorgeous. Her eyes are incredible. I really like the way you can't see her nose at all, but it doesn't look weird. Such beautiful colors, as well. Thanks for posting these!
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:19 pm
Ash says...

oh, wow! These are really cool. I like the last one the best. :)

Great job,

Ash

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:14 am
Sohini says...

Very nice photos.

The last one is my favourite.

How did you make the eyes stand out? Edit?

The expressions in each one is really interesting and mysterious.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:52 am
casey_kent says...

this is really nice!
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:42 pm
Azila says...

1 and 2. Very cool. I think I like the color one better, because it looks so surreal... but the B&W is also really pretty.

3. I don't like this one very much... it's too blurry and low-resolution. It kind of looks like a cell phone pic. :?

4. I actually like this one a lot. The sepia makes it look old-fashioned, and I like her position.

5. This one's really cool! I love the colors of the background, and the contrast of her white face and black hair and eyebrows and eyeliner. I love the way you brought out the color of her eyes, too! Very nice.

These are cool! She looks very pretty. :D
~Azila~

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:54 am
Archstormangel says...

Let me guess how you made the last one:

Two layers, one blurred, the other very sharp. You upped the brightness and contrast dramatically, copied her eyes onto a new layer, and photoshopped them by adjusting the hue?
I'm
an Atheist, a young teen girl, someone who loves Harry Potter and hates Twilight, someone who doesn't see deepness in everything, a person who has never suffered from any diseases of any sort.
I'm average, but...

I'm still a writer.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:12 pm
vet4life13 says...

Oh My Gosh, I love the last one. Looks like you've got a career in photography coming!

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:41 am
jessiieeboo says...

Her eyes are very pretty along with your photos!! I love the woods in the background.... if only you could sort of had her wear clothes that would make it seem unrealistic it would have been really cool. Nice work here kid. :)

Jessie xx
peace love +& respect,
jess♥

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:19 am
mizz-iceberg says...

1: It's very pretty but her position sort of bothered me.

2: With colour I found it nicer but then the green on her shirt sort of ruined the effect.

3: I like her expression in this one and her position, the way she's leaning on to something.
But it's too blurry!

4: Loved this! I just love her position and the colours, her back ground. Everything, it's quite perfect.

5: This one was of course my favourite! The colours very very bright and nice. Her eyes looked amazing. I really liked the eyes. I mean I could even pick out the details of her iris (bthe contrast between black and blue in her eyes). I also liked how the her jeans went along quite well with her eye makeup. The background is very nice too. But I don't like the way her arm is up like that. Maybe you can crop it?

You are quite talented with the camera!!!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You’re moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You’ve just crossed over into… the Twilight Zone.
— Rod Serling