Young Writers Society

garden of dead gods

Random avatar

Reviews: 4

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:15 am
sokool15 says...

Wow! These are great pictures. I especially like numbers two and three. I felt that number one was zoomed up too close...I was a little overwhelmed.

Number three...she looks like she's crying blood, which is a cool effect. You have a nice photo-style. I really like the one with the full-bearded man hung on the ivy-colored door. That seemed more comical to me, as opposed to the mournful feel of the others.

Very nice!

Au revoir,
~MademoiselleKool
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:29 am
Sohini says...

Nice photos and great Title.

The fifth one stirs up great stories in my head...very inspiring!
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:50 pm
Cade says...

Three and five are by far the best. The others are kind of compositionally uninteresting, but I like the detail in three and the elegance of five. You should work on these in Photoshop; work with the levels and bring out more of the color, especially in number three.

-Colleen
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:22 pm
Azila says...

1. Wow. That's overwhelming! I would like to see it zoomed out a teensy bit more, just so that we could see the top of its head. Either that, or zoomed IN a teensy bit so that all we could see is the face--rather like number 3.

2. I love this one! Her expression is so peaceful and she looks like she's caressing the tree with her cheek. The background is a bit busy, but I don't know if there's anything you can do about that.

3. This one is battling for favorite... I love the contrast of the blue-grey rock to the dark green foliage. The colors are so rich. I also like it that her face is peeling a little bit; it adds another color and also it gives such an almost surreal feeling and it looks (like sokool15 said) as though she's crying blood. I don't like the one twig in the background, though, I feel like it disturbs the picture. Also, I would like to see her whole bottom lip.

4. This is interesting. I like how we can see the gray plant with the crimson thorns in the foreground. I'm not sure what there is to dislike about it, but it's not my favorite. maybe it's that it feels like it's just an interesting photo of a THING--whereas some of the others make it almost like you're bringing the statues to life.

5. Very cool. I like it a lot. I just feel like it's a kind of un-artful angle. Anyone could have taken that photo. but you are an artist. I would like to see a more thought-provoking angle.

6. I don't really like this one. It feels (like #4) as though it's just a picture of a statue--nothing more, nothing less. I think for this one that part of the problem is that the statues kind of blend in with the background... and also, the angle isn't very original.

Overall: #2 and #3 are my favs, but they're all really nice. You've got talent.

Hope this helps.
~Azila~

582 Reviews

Reviews: 582
Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:29 pm
KJ says...

I liked them all. They made you speculate. I don't know why, but the last one I felt was too zoomed in. I know there are a couple other like it, but this particular one the nearness doesn't seem to work...

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:09 am
Gadi. says...

WOW. Amazing... where did you take these? They are spectacular. (No, really--where did you take these photos?)

The third one was my favorite. The iron made it seem like it had cried, sobbed, it's so astoundingly poignant. You could say it's personification.
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:33 am
NaramYesh says...

WOW. Amazing... where did you take these? They are spectacular. (No, really--where did you take these photos?)

My grandmother's garden/yard. She has lots of old junk sitting around in it, which can make for good picture subjects. :P

You should work on these in Photoshop; work with the levels and bring out more of the color, especially in number three.

I'm planning to do just that once I get the hang of the program.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:25 pm
Aedomir says...

#1 I like it, nice angle. I would take off the background bit though.

#2 Again, nice but it seems a bid lost among all the leaves and tree.

#3 This is my favourite. Nice statue and the red it has a somewhat nice effect to it. Goob job here! Again, great angle.

#4 The reason I mostly like this is due to the actual statue. However, nice bramble or whatever it is in front of the camera, good effect. Very good!

#5 This is my least favourite. Although I like the intertwining leaves, the main focul point (the statue) is too hard to see. I would chop off most of the leaves, have a play arounbd on photoshop.

#6 I really like this last one. It has a somewhat... eerie feel to it, and I loved the angle, once again!

Verdict

You are great with a camera and I hope to see more from you!

Keep snappin'!

~Mark
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:44 pm
Blue Fairy says...

I really like three and four they are really nice. :D

You take good pictures

~Blue Fairy
Formely known as Fairy_twinkletoes_13

Grab a pogo stick and come and....pogo with me!

Brains first, then hard work. That's the way to build a house- Eeyore

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:00 am
Bella says...

I absolutely adore numbers 3 and 4. They seem almost like they're telling a story...but you must listen and watch so very intently if ever you wish to know it.

Sorry I can't be of more help...

Good job!
~Bella~
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:57 pm
omggdariannnn says...

oh my gosh i love photo 3.
i also thought she was crying blood.
i like the close ups ones because it can really capture detail.
Always,
Dee.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:31 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

I really like photos numbers 2 and 3. they sorta of caught my eye. Number two reminds me of being lost in...... i can't think of a word.....the owrld i guess. number three reminds me death for some reason. i guess its because the tears...they look like blood.....i really liked them..Great Job!
"Hello, is this thing on?"

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:54 pm
Alainna says...

I agree with the others when they say that it may be a good idea to lower the zoom used in #1. #3 and the last one were my favourites due to the way you captured the detail - they both hold so much emotion. I also liked th way you captured #4 but I don't like the subject in the photo itself. I just don't think it suits the way you captured it.

I think you have an eye for photography and I hope to see more from you.

All the best,
Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sat May 17, 2008 8:48 am
No Idea says...

Very nice!

Remember: no stress allowed. Have fun, and learn from your fellow writers - that's what storybooks are all about.
— Wolfical