z

Young Writers Society

Morning on Lookout Mountain ::UPDATED::

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:29 am
scotty.knows says...

For those of you who may not know- and probably don't want to- I love to go backpacking. This was a picture I took close-up one morning when I woke up. There were a few moose there too and I took a picture of them while they fed in the water.
Attachments
Scouts Summer Camp to 50-miler 209.jpg
Scouts Summer Camp to 50-miler 209.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 850 times
Last edited by scotty.knows on Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
'Merikuh!

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:37 pm
Gladius says...

Wow, I love it. The way the sun's glancing off the dew makes it almost seem like ice. Coolio!

Could you put up pics of the moose, too? ^_~ I love hiking, riding, animals and stuff, too, though I haven't gotten much of a chance to get out lately. ^^;
Once again, awesome pic!
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:20 pm
Azila says...

That's beautiful!

I love how the sun looks like it's coming from the mountain in the background... and the dew is just gorgeous! Sorry if this isn't very constructive. :roll:

Post the moose!

~Azila~
Last edited by Azila on Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:34 pm
Via says...

I love it! It's definitely wonderful! It almost looks like a cut&paste job with the lighting around the grass...it's amazing!

The only thing I don't like is the closest blade that shines very brightly. At first it looks like sunspots and is kind of distracting. But, personally, I think if that's the only thing wrong with it it's still amazing :)
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:36 pm
Myth says...

That's beautiful--love the dew on the blades, the sky, trees edging towards the sky.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Random avatar

Reviews: 59
Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:05 am
R. J. Hoffman says...

Amazing, reminds me of my first hunt. i love the way the mist is rising up in the back ground.

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:44 am
Azila says...

What kind camera was that taken with?

(my brother's a photographer and he saw this and wanted to know ^_^ )

~Azila~

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:47 am
Wolf says...

This is beautiful! I love it.
Everything is so gorgeous - the sun, the grass, the mountains, the dew. This is an excellent photo; you should become a professional! :P

Yeah...sorry about the un-helpfulness of this, but I think the picture is perfect as it is. Keep taking photographs - and post the moose one too! Pwease...

Cheers,
Camille
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

130 Reviews

Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:22 am
scotty.knows says...

I took it with a cheap little Sony Digital camera. I just looked at all the dew, the sun, and the mist and thought, Huh, might as well take a picture of this.

It turned out better than I thought it would.

Aaaaannnd here's one of the Moose. There were four of them one after the other.

I think it was because it was so dry and we were near the only lake for miles. We saw 8 moose that trip. One of them was this enormous bull with a rack that had to be 5 feet across. My little brother, another kid, and myself were running down the trail (that's just how we backpack) and we stumbled upon this enormous bull.

Sadly, I was too busy going, "Whoa! Dude, that's a big moose!" To take a picture of it... but I got a few pictures of the smaller one.

We saw a mother with one of her babies too. I'm not sure what a baby moose is called. A meese?

Anyway, here's one of them. She's kind of ugly...
Attachments
Scouts Summer Camp to 50-miler 472.jpg
Bullwinkle
Scouts Summer Camp to 50-miler 472.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 910 times
'Merikuh!

130 Reviews

Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:26 am
scotty.knows says...

Here's a picture of the sunset, while I'm at it.
Attachments
Scouts Summer Camp to 50-miler 508.jpg
Sunset From Lookout Mountain
Scouts Summer Camp to 50-miler 508.jpg (291.06 KiB) Viewed 908 times
'Merikuh!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:06 am
omgafilangi says...

*high five* Lookout Mountain is only my homeland!!! (well, it isnt now, I moved, but all my family lives there and I used to) Kudos for THAT, homeskillet!

And now for the actual picture...

STUNNING.

Really, I love the image of the never-ending field of dew laden grass. It's quite a remarkable shot.
NaPoWriMo

The purpose of life is to fight maturity
-Dick Werthimer

130 Reviews

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:12 am
scotty.knows says...

Actually, omgafilangi, I don't think it's your homeland. I was out in the middle of the Bitterroot Mountain Range and I'm pretty sure that unless you're a moose, an elk, a mountain lion, a grizzly bear, a wolverine, a whitetail deer, a mule deer, a chipmunk... I could go on... that you don't live there...

There are all kinds of "Lookout Mountains" all over the place. It's a popular title. Unfortunately, I think you have the wrong one.

Thanks, though, for the comments. I'm glad you liked them.
'Merikuh!

66 Reviews

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:15 am
omgafilangi says...

So then you're NOT talking about Lookout Mountain, TN?
NaPoWriMo

-Dick Werthimer

130 Reviews

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:16 am
scotty.knows says...

Lookout Mountain from Idaho. Sorry.
'Merikuh!

66 Reviews

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:19 am
omgafilangi says...

Wow I feel really smart...I didn't even make the connection with the other pictures XD

They're ALL really good shots...of Idaho...
NaPoWriMo

-Dick Werthimer

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
— -Apple Inc.