z

Young Writers Society

Breathe Quietly, Moan Softly

Random avatar

Reviews: 25
Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:14 pm
andypandy says...

EnchantressMuffin wrote:Whoa, this is really really cool. I love the orangyness of it.

Peace, love, chocolate.

Muffin

i chose orange for the intense look.. :o)

thanks muffin! haha

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:46 pm
Leja says...

I think that the idea is very cool. That said, I think that the places of darker red seem random, and they bleed into other parts of the picture that wouldn't be shadowed the same way (ex: the part in the back left of the mouth seems to "bleed" into the upper lip; this would make a neat shadow in the mouth, but the effect isn't there because the same color is on the lip as well). I especially liked the browning, cracked aspect of the chin in the lower right hand corner. It added a lovely appearance of depth that the picture would be otherwise lacking. Whatever layer/overlay (sorry I don't quite know what it's called) was used finishes it off nicely.

Random avatar

Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:59 pm
andypandy says...

AmeliaOliver wrote:I think that the idea is very cool. That said, I think that the places of darker red seem random, and they bleed into other parts of the picture that wouldn't be shadowed the same way (ex: the part in the back left of the mouth seems to "bleed" into the upper lip; this would make a neat shadow in the mouth, but the effect isn't there because the same color is on the lip as well). I especially liked the browning, cracked aspect of the chin in the lower right hand corner. It added a lovely appearance of depth that the picture would be otherwise lacking. Whatever layer/overlay (sorry I don't quite know what it's called) was used finishes it off nicely.

The various layers of textures that have been added to the image of the mouth, were done so to create a slightly more abstract image.. as opposed to attempting to portary the mouth/lips in a realistic light..

I chose the orange for the intense look, and the textures to give depth.. all the colours are within a similar range to give detail, but not suffiently stand out as to cause a distraction from the overall image.

Your comments appreciate though! :D

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:23 pm
alleycat13 says...

Wow, that is really bright. The more I look at it, the more I like it.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:31 pm
andypandy says...

alleycat13 wrote:Wow, that is really bright. The more I look at it, the more I like it.

keep looking, keep looking! :!:

If you are tired remember it's a sign that you haven't expired
— fatherfig