z

Young Writers Society

1952 Chevy

Random avatar

Reviews: 61
Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:39 am
BrokenSword says...

Hi all, it's been a while since I posted here!

I'm working on a project for fun. I got a new box of oil pastels and I wanted to do something shiny.

Partially finished:

More finished:

The pictures were taken with my webcam but when it is finished I will take a picture with my real camera. The color is actually much brighter than in these pictures. Critique, suggestions? Thanks!

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:53 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I really can't critique art, but I really like how you created texture, and also the perspective on this piece. Nice job, hopefully someone else will come along with some more helpful comments :P
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:34 pm
Myth says...

I can't wait to see how it turns out. Brilliant colours and I love how you made it shiny, I can never do that no matter how many times I try. Also love how the front of the car, sorry don't know what it's called, almost jumps out of the page.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:40 pm
Via says...

That's pretty awesome, I must say! I would like a little background, maybe a city street or a desert street, but what you have done so far needs no critique!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Random avatar

Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:30 pm
BrokenSword says...

Thanks! :)

I plan on putting a sort of urban background, but blurring it so it doesn't distract from the car. You can see the other side of the "street" through the window on the right. :)

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:42 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

Oooh that's really good. You are very artistic indeed. :)

Can't wait to see the next picture you post of this. Urban background sounds good. :D

x
So's your face

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:42 am
Alteran says...

That is very well done. Oil Pastels are the best. Did you work off of a photo or are you going from out of your head? The effects are very profound and really help it pop out. I look forward to seeing it finished.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:47 am
piepiemann22 says...

I was going to say something, but when you said you could get the color better i was fine. Over all the Texture looks good, but the angle looks a bit off to me. Kind of scrunched at the end. Do you see it or is it just me?
I will always fight back, no matter what.

Random avatar

Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:12 am
BrokenSword says...

Adam_Atlantian wrote:Did you work off of a photo or are you going from out of your head?

Oh dear no, I'm going off a photo. :)

Over all the Texture looks good, but the angle looks a bit off to me. Kind of scrunched at the end. Do you see it or is it just me?

The angle is originally odd and unusual, and in the reference photo it is indeed scrunched, perhaps even more so. It also needs more definition and finishing in that area. :)

Thanks!

You're a hairy, wizard!
— EllieMae