z

Young Writers Society

Are Dolls Creepy?

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:42 pm
Royboy says...

I'm not sure how these look. The doll in the white is Nora. The one in the red is Ivy. And the cat is DP.

Last edited by Royboy on Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url="www.royacrystaldoesnanowrimo.tumblr.com"]Follow my 2011 NaNoWriMo progress on tumblr[/url] or [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/734471"]friend me on the official NaNoWriMo forums[/url]!

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:43 pm
GingerLizzy says...

I have a large and irrational fear of porcelain dolls O.o

So this piece scared meh. It's good though, you use good angles in your work. But I truly don't understand you're actually meaning behind the pictures, other than the question; Are they scary?
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

133 Reviews

Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:45 pm
Royboy says...

Should there be a meaning to the pictures? I dunno, I guess there isn't.
[url="www.royacrystaldoesnanowrimo.tumblr.com"]Follow my 2011 NaNoWriMo progress on tumblr[/url] or [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/734471"]friend me on the official NaNoWriMo forums[/url]!

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:46 pm
GingerLizzy says...

I liked it though. Not everything needs a meaning I guess. My bad.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:46 pm
Rydia says...

The first doll looks very full of emotion. Almost as if she is mad which gives the picture a very eerie feel. I think it would have been more effective without the teddy though. And the same for the second photo. The blond doll would look better if she were stood on her own but yes, I find the porcelain dolls quite creepy.

The cat on the other hand is cute rather than scary and I like the inclusion of the book. Silly kitty thinks it can read. Lol.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:13 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

I like these pictures. I'm not a fan of those dolls as i just don't like them genrally. But i love the kitty at the end. Aww, it's cute. :) Good Work! :D
So's your face

133 Reviews

Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:46 pm
Royboy says...

lol, thanks. Yeah, the cat is pretty much my life when I'm reading. I can't finish a book if he wasn't flopped on the bed next to me for a chapter or two.

As for the teddies--I just thought it framed the pictures better. I don't really know what I was thinking. I fell asleep minutes later, fyi. XD

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:07 pm
Gadi. says...

I liked the first one a lot. It had a scarlet, furious aura all about it. The third one was really bland.
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:24 pm
crewgurl93 says...

*Spins around and faces the dolls* STOP WATCHING ME!!!!!
Goth-Hippie?!

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:08 am
Alteran says...

Creepy. Nora looks ready to kill and Ivy looks like a stern school teacher. The lighting is a problem. It's casting shadows on the dolls and removing some of their features. Eyes are drawn to where light hits, and when a doll has one eye in shadow it makes a viewer see one eye. They just need some better balance.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:57 am
Myth says...

I like the close-up of the fiurst doll. The second one looks like she wants to get away from everything. Kitty is too cute.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Writing is the geometry of the soul.
— Plato