z

Young Writers Society

Sponson's Year of AP Independent Art

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:05 am
Sponson Light says...

Yarrr! I be back and bearded!
School has recently started, and me being a senior now I am in Advanced Placement Independent Art Studies.
First assignment?
We were all given a small brown square with the assignment - Self Portrait: I'm an artist, hear me roar!

Check and done. I'll be updating this thread.

Stuff I do during the day.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:41 am
sabradan says...

A Beastman, Sponson? Seriously now...
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

Random avatar

Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:21 pm
Sponson Light says...

Meh, Ill do stuff, I promise. I miss Photoshop!
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:58 am
Rydia says...

Wow, way to do a self portrait! Lol. I'm not so sure about how accurate it is seenas I haven't seen a photo but I love your use of colour and the shading is brilliant.

You have some nice little doodles too, especially the one furthest left.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:35 pm
something euclidean says...

cool stuff. I love the colors in the portrait - they're almost radioactive. What did you do that in? pastel?

Random avatar

Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:04 pm
Sponson Light says...

something euclidean wrote:cool stuff. I love the colors in the portrait - they're almost radioactive. What did you do that in? pastel?

Color'd pencil.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:03 am
Via says...

The first is pretty good, I like the colors though I would like them more bold? I also would have liked to see the orange/red coming from the mouth instead of appearing to come from behind. I really like the detail though, it's definitely awesome.

The detail is the second is exceptional, I'm ready for some color!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

"Honestly, I think the world is going to end bloody. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't fight. We do have choices."
— Dean Winchester