z

Young Writers Society

even more sunrise pics

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:32 am
spokenfor09 says...

I love Eryn Marie and there isent a thing you can do to stop me!!!!!

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:55 am
sokool15 says...

Uy...I am truly impressed. You have good sunsets where you are, yes?

Individually, here you are:

1. Ach. Not my favorite. It is just to murky...just a lot of clouds with the sun behind them. It doesn't have any real essence, as far as art goes.

2. Better than 1, but still same crits. It's like the kind of place where you'd love to actually be there, watching the movements of the clouds as they pass over the sun, over the ocean, casting shadows on the land, but...as a picture it's just rather murky, not very vivid.

3. Beautiful. Splendid. I applaud you. *claps* Am I just hopelessly cliche? Because even though it was a rather typical sunset picture, I still loved it. *sigh*

4. Good, I like how the sun glowed behind the clouds and it was sort of warm and hazy and rosy...but I liked 3 better.

5. Whoot. Can't describe my feelings for this one...it's weird, but it's cool at the same time. Nice, how you captured the shadows of the clouds and the bird flying across...it was kind of like snow, how it turned out. Not 'beautiful,' exactly, but I'd say good art all the same.

Nice job! I'd love to have seen those sunsets! We don't get sets like that here...*weeps with slight jealousy*

~Koolia 8)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:21 am
gyrfalcon says...

Third and last are the best of this set, deffinately. To catch the sun with such high breakers coming in...that was beautiful. Even more cool was the one with the bird: such a sense of lonliness, of wildness, it was beautiful.

On the risk of getting a wierd look from you later: these really touched me, spokenfor. I'm proud that my brother took them.
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:50 am
Squall says...

The third one was my favourite, closely followed by the last one because it seemed interesting to look at. The first and second seemed similar and it was simply clouds, nothing else.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:48 am
spokenfor09 says...

FYI this is a sunrise. And it was takin in Coco beach Forida we were on vaca and I woke up early to catch it. I mean sereusly how can you sleep through that? Anyway thanks for the cirts and I think I'm starting to like being acedentaly good at photography.
I love Eryn Marie and there isent a thing you can do to stop me!!!!!

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:14 am
Maybe says...

Heh. *Blushes and raises hand* I sleep through it almost every day. :D no, i don't live in coco beach, but i do live on the east coast of FL so i see the same sunrise...i think. Anyway, here's my crits:

1. It looks cool, but like sokool said, it's a bit murky. But still a pretty cool pic, just not my fave.

2. Same as the first.

3. Awesome pic! I love it so much i can't express how awesome it is in words! *Applauds with sokool* definatly my fave.

4. Not quite as good as the third, but still really awesome!

5. Coolio, awesome pic. At first glance it caught me off guard, but when i loked again it was awesome! Good job, i love how the bird is positioned right over the water. Great!
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:18 am
Snoink says...

I actually don't like the fifth one as much, because it looks so blurry. If it were in focus, it would be lovely though.

My favorite ones are the second and third photos. :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:33 pm
Rydia says...

1. Beautiful. I'd like to see more colour but it's a good close up and I like the angle.

2. I'm not as fond of this one. Too much cloud for my liking. Or rather too much space.

3. This one is great! I love the focus on the waves and the reflection is pretty.

4. The sun is not as fierce here but the position of the clouds is really good. If only you could combine the two...

5. This one seems a bit dull to me but that's probably because I'm comparing it to the others.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:09 pm
-Save-Ferris- says...

Wow the first three all look really professional (;They are so beautiful.

I don't really like the fourth one much...it's not very good and I like the fifth one...but at the same time I don't *strokes chin*

But wow I wish I saw that in the morning, you really captured the moment in the first three!
“Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave.”

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:10 am
Lynlyn says...

First off, I hope you took these with a digital camera and not anything like an SLR/something with a telephoto lens, 'cause that could really screw up your eyes.

I agree that the first two are nice, but in a way they sort of are "you had to be there" moments - there's a muddiness to them that probably wasn't there at the time it was taken. It's tough to capture that kind of thing.

The third and fourth ones are great, my favorites. The reflection on the water and the shadows in the third one - it's perfect.

The last one I would like if it were a little more focused. Up close, the spray and the foam don't have much texture, I think probably because the shutter speed was a little slower than the sloshing speed of the water.

Over all - thanks for capturing a great moment. I used to live by the sea; I'm landlocked now, so it's nice to see things like this every now and then. You really do have a talent, keep it up.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

Deal with the faults of others as gently as with your own.
— Chinese proverb