z

Young Writers Society

Nature's Free Gifts

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:26 am
Sohini says...

I tell you guys, there's nothing more picturesreque than clouds!! And I was lucky enough to be able to capture their beauty. It's overwhelming. I am an addictive cloud-watcher.

1. Image

A sunset from our terrace (not a desert)

2. Image

Here's something I shot after getting back from school at around 2:15 pm from our roof (no, i don't live in a village.)

3 Image

I call this 'Golden Heavens'

4. Image

the midday sun peeping from clouds

5. Image

An orange sunset(i wish the house were closer. maximum zoom)

6. Image

Another sunset.

7. Image

yet another. the electric lines are soo common in Indian suburbs. although i hate them for spoiling the skyline, I kinda liked their presence in tis shot.

:lol: I just had to share these shots with you . What's your opinion? :lol:
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:31 pm
Kylan says...

1: I really don't know what this is a picture of?? It's kinda messy and chaotic (despite there being only one subject). It doesn't do anything for me.

2: The picture itself is kinda crooked. But overall I like this one. No too much noise coming from the buildings and it gives the right impression of, say, a small asian village. If only you had straightened your camera when you took it. Take time with your shots. Don't just push the button and go.

3: I like it. But it's not too original. Well done, anyway!

4: This picture is probably my favorite. I absolutely love the fingers of sunlight escaping from behind the cloud. Very good.

5: This is also a favorite. I love the building in the background with the birds. But this picture also seems as if it was tilted slightly. Is it just me or the roof in the shot?

6: Steady your camera!

7: Nice job. It's good.

You've got promise! Keep shooting!

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:10 pm
Empress Kat says...

I like number 2, very nice, it needs a fore-ground or focal point. It's very pretty though.

the light/shadow in 4 is great. I'm a fan of sparkley things.

5 is very good. Has all the elements to balance it out, plus the color is great... I don't know how you can screw up a sunset.

6 is too "in your face" with the sun in the frame.

7 is way too busy with the silhouettes of trees and posts and wires etc. Would probably be neat-0 from a different angle or possibly cropped. Also the street light adds another light source... and i think the sun is enough.
Plan B is always "Die Trying."

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:14 am
sokool15 says...

Ooh, ja, the puffy white clouds...! They make me want to dive into them. They are very comfortable-looking things, are clouds, yes?

*straightens collar* hem.

I will point out the two that I loved the best:

5. I loved this one. So beautiful, with the black, black house and the so fiery red sunset...I almost expected to see flames at any moment, yes?

6. Lovely. For some reason, these clouds look to me aggressive, as if they are attacking the sun. Amusing how different people draw different things from different photographs. (and yes, I just did use the word 'different' three times...deliberately.)

Au revoir! :smt039

~Kool 8)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

411 Reviews

Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:48 am
Sohini says...

Thanks everyone.
As fot the lamp post in no.7, i thought it was a rather good effect to have two light sources.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:50 pm
Via says...

1: Awesome, though would be better if I had any idea what it was?

2: It almost looks digitized, fakish. Pretty cool.

3: The clouds kind of look like mountains behind the trees, pretty nifty.

4: I love when I see these, I go down the highway and see the sun like this behind the clouds and am completely tempted to take pictures while driving lol.

5: It would definitely look better closer up, but the colors are GREAT.

6/7: These are okay, but not my favorite of scenery.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

411 Reviews

Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:40 am
Sohini says...

Everyone keeps asking, so I say:
the first pic is actually a messy shiloutte of a cactus.

And *sigh* I wish the houses around here were more shapely, they're just blocks.

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:34 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

Wow these are great! :)

Clouds are nice things to take pictures of. lol

I love your avatar by the way...

x
So's your face

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:19 am
Gadi. says...

WOW! Where do you live?
The big, golden cloud one looks so much like something I've seen.

Where'd you take those pictureS?

The streetlights...wow. I love that picture. :)
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:11 am
starbean169 says...

Last edited by starbean169 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:28 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Oh my gosh I love clouds actually, although these revolve around the sunsets but nevermind. Clouds are great because they're so free and they just.. float. Defying the laws of gravity and such.

But what else is good about them is when you can lie and just make shapes out of them; all I can make is a sheep. =]

These are super.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:45 pm
EnchantressMuffin says...

These were really great! I think I liked the fifth the best; the clouds were incredibly beautiful and powerful-looking. The birds were a good capture, as well.

1. The focus is sort of off, but I like the contrasts of the black and the clouds. How close were you the the said cactus?

2. I like how the clouds in the were very loose and floaty, and the buildings even looked a little loose and floaty as well, comparatively.

3. This is gorgeous. I love how a) the cloud is lit from one side, and b) the trees rimming the bottom of the cloud look sort of dreamy and fuzzy.

4. This one reminds me of a big fist, or something, with a ring on it that's catching the sun and glinting in the light.

5. Already did five.

6. Agreed, the power lines make a nice touch. It looks like a web, sort of. The sun has escaped the web and is moving away from it, to the safety of the dark.
It's not often that there's a shot where the power lines work (I, as an avid cloud photographer of clouds, know this to almost a painful degree), so this is a pretty nifty job right here.

7. I even liked how this one was tilty. It made for interesting viewing.

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin

And then, as if written by the hand of a bad novelist, an incredible thing happened.
— Bartimaeus of Uruk