z

Young Writers Society

Fleurs

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:29 pm
Lynlyn says...

I was going to put borders on all of them and forgot except on the first one, so live with it, ha ha.

For my fellow photographers: one of these is entitled "Gee, I wish I had a macro lens for this camera" - guess which one?

"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:37 pm
Rydia says...

1. Pretty flowers but not the best background. Nice lighting though. Very bright and cheery.

2. Nice but the background is dull so a zoom on the flower would have been better. Good use of focus though.

3. This one's pretty and again, some good lighting. I like the clarity of the little droplets of water.

4. Good colour. Great flower in fact but a little more focus would have been nice. Still, I think it's my favourite.

5. This one has the best background easily. In fact, I think I like this one best. The colours are great and you've got a good angle here. I love it.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

172 Reviews

Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:40 pm
View Likes
Lynlyn says...

I like the last one too :3 but looking at it now, I'm almost sad that I didn't go and move the lawn chairs and the table. (Grandma probably would have gotten mad at me).
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:46 am
Via says...

The first one I like, I like that they are bright but they may be just a smidge too bright.

The others...well...I think I'm just sick of seeing pictures of flowers.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:03 am
sokool15 says...

I liked 3 better than 2, but four was definitely my favorite. That's the best color of blue ever! Such a sweet, pretty flower...it needs a theme song.

Number 1 was all right, but just a little bland. The color is good and stuff, but it doesn't appeal to me as much. Same with number five.

Yours absolutely, One of Awesome Koolness 8)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:48 am
Areida says...

The first one has really great color, but the angle isn't especially interesting. I think the third one would have been better if the flower was off-center. On the fourth one it seems like the wrong part of the flower is blurry, and the fifth one... well, the flowers are well-photographed, but I'm not a huge fan of the background.

The second one, however, I love. So pretty!
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:10 am
Alteran says...

1. Very bright. I love the flowers but it's to bad the greenery wasn't a little darker. It would help make the flowers pop. I like the colour of the wood.

2. It gives off a kind of sad feeling. The overcast sky and the droopy flower makes it seems so sad.

3. A touch brighter than the previous. The water droplets are a nice effect, gives the flower a more organic feeling, in my opinion.

4. My favorite. Gee, I wish I had a macro lens for this camera, yes? The colours are great, the flowers pop in this pic making the subject matter easy to distinguish.

5. Very cool. I like how they're staggered in the pic. I didn't really notice the chairs in the back. The flowers kept my eyes.

Nice work. Very good flower pics.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

172 Reviews

Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:35 pm
Lynlyn says...

Adam_Atlantian wrote:4. My favorite. Gee, I wish I had a macro lens for this camera, yes?
Nice work. Very good flower pics.

Yeah. I wanted the focus to be on the part of the flower that was closer to the camera - I thought it would make more sense visually. Unfortunately, the lens only focuses up to 1.5 feet (this was a lot closer than that to start with so I was kind of pushing it already).

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:56 am
View Likes
Sohini says...

Nice flowers , but yes, the angles could have been more interesting.
the thing with flowers and digital cameras is that you have to shoot them in such a way that there's more than just the beauty of the flowers (which comes for free) to be admired.

I also agree with the others about the dull backgrounds. the last one, for example, has a good background- the garden but you should have included more of the greens than the chairs and wall.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:07 pm
something euclidean says...

I like the different levels of focus with the fourth one -- it would have been nicer if the closer flowers were in better focus, but the focus plus the angle gave it more of a movement, while the other pictures seemed very still.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:37 am
gyrfalcon says...

The blue is the best, though I do like the two pics of the same pinkish flower. But the blue is definitely the best (and not just because I like blue) but it seemed the most...I don't know, professionally done. I'm not a photographer, but it just seemed like something you'd see on a calendar or whatnot.

Anyway, great job, darling!
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:24 pm
View Likes
Jennafina says...

Hello! ^_^

I love the first one. It's so different from the flower photography I normally see! I like how the colors are so bright, and it seems like the pansies are reaching out and touchable. :D It's my favorite of your photos.

I like the composition of the second one. I can't tell what it is in the background, (a house or barn maybe?) but it looks really fancy.

The third seems really plain, and I've seen a lot like it before.

The colors in the fourth are beautiful! It's neat the way only part of it is in focus.

The last one looks too busy, to me. Without the bench and lawn tools it would be great. :)

Thanks for posting!
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:53 am
Squall says...

I like the 3rd one the best. It has that amazing lighting effect to it and the background was appropriate for the flower. The last one is 2nd best because it had a nice background to it and that related to the flower. Still, could had been better focused.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

Sometimes wisdom came from strange places, even from giant teenaged goldfish.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena