z

Young Writers Society

Clound n' Flowers

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:05 pm
Sohini says...

Took this about a month ago.

Fixed by EBM (BBCode was disabled before)
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:27 pm
Rydia says...

I think it would have been nicer if you'd zoomed in on the flowers and the cloud a bit but it's pretty and I like how the cloud is almost directly behind the flower heads. Maybe crop the sides of the picture a little so that you don't have the leaf in the bottom left corner but the cloud and flower remain central.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:46 am
Via says...

The green thing in the bottom corner is a little odd, but it's really a very nice picture. I would also suggest a slight zoom, but not too much...you would lose the affect.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:33 am
Alteran says...

I like the idea, having clouds as a backdrop to flowers but it needs to be a bit more clean.

The short green steam and leaf in the lower left corner could easily be edited out.

Over all it's a nice pic. I agree it could be zoomed in a bit.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:54 am
stirly says...

Though the cloud makes a pleasant background to the flower, it merges the two images a bit. Personally, I think it would have added a bit more interest as well as keep the focal point a bit less cluttered if the two things were seperate. Still, thats just me. Its a beautiful flower, and I agree with Kitty15 on the whole zooming thing. Just remember the rule of thirds the next time you take a photograph, and you're all set! ALSO- I love your use of contrast in this peice, as well as the angle you took it at :D Should you want to give it a bit more of a professional look, I would suggest giving a border.
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

Reviews: 4
Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:12 am
chaosfox says...

I think it would be nice if there were by chance, more flowers then stem. The green is a nice enough relief from the blue, but it's not as appealing as I think the flowers would if they were closer.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words.

~Fall Out Boy.

Reviews: 3
Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:48 pm
Inkblot says...

It's pretty...I like the flowers against the clouds. A nice effect. I agree with kitty, though, you could have focused more on the flowers.

~Inky

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:11 pm
Sohini says...

generally I don't edit my pics, but you guys are right about the green bit and the zooming.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:29 pm
Saphira says...

I really like this. I think that the way it is all positioned is really good. I think the flower could be bigger but the cloud in the background is a nice touch.
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:58 am
Lynlyn says...

I think the rule of thirds could help you out here. If you had the cloud a little farther to the right (that's the great thing about clouds, if you're patient enough they move for you) and the flower a bit to the left of the frame, the composition would be stronger.

Also, the awning or whatever it is in the corner is a little distracting. Maybe you could crop it a little around the edges to get more of the flower and sky, and less of the distracting elements.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:20 am
sarahcrosbeh says...

I really like this.

I love the way the cloud is right behind the flower.

I'm not an expert on photography so i can't really say much else. :lol:

Super :)

x
So's your face

A big mountain of sugar is too much for one man. I can see now why God portions it out in those little packets.
— Homer Simpson