z

Young Writers Society

Dos fotos

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:16 am
Cade says...

"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:48 am
Alteran says...

The first one has a very nice set up. The placement is good and the background helps to pop the subject. I dont like the darkness of the two greensih things though. While they do pop against the bacground they're not eye drawing. I think they wilted to much.

The second pic is ver pleaseing. I like the outer rim having dark petals and the lighter towards the middle. The wilting and browning of the petals has added a great deal of detail and depth to the picture. Nicely done.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

758 Reviews

Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:06 am
Cade says...

Thanks, Adam.

Story: The leaves and petals were actually from the rose that my orthodontist gave me after I got my braces off. It was a very nice rose, and I just loved the colors it turned when it started to wilt. Then my digital camera arrived; the rest is history...or at least posted here in the art forums.

-Colleen :D
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:39 am
electricbluemonkey says...

I love the first picture. Unlike Adam, the darkness of the petals adds a strange feel to the picture. The colors also work very well together.

The second picture would be much more enjoyable if there were less petals in the scene and they were completely centered (instead of the right edge being cut out of the picture).
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:42 am
Alice says...

The first one...ehhh, I'm not so sure, it just looks dorky.

The second one is beautiful, I don't know why but it looks beautiful. I've got a thing for dead flowers, especially dead roses.

Keep up the good work, but keep an eye out for the dorky ones.
I just lost the game.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:07 pm
Rydia says...

I think the first would look better if you were zoomed in just a touch more or even cropping would work. Just remove a little of the background. As for the flowers, there's something eerily beautiful about green petals and I just wish you could have found a few thorns to scatter amongst them. It's good though.

The focus of the second is nice but I agree that you have a few too many petals there. I do love how you've arranged the petals so that they go from dark to light though and generally, it's very pretty.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:09 pm
Emerson says...

I like the background on the first one, but the second one has to be my favorite.

The way the petals are in and out of focus in certain places makes it beautiful and what ever surface you were taking these on is wonderful. It's almost like the way the petals are scattered, they capture an emotion.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:58 pm
Areida says...

Oooh, these are pretty! I think I like the second better too, though. Like Clau, the way that they seem like they were just dropped onto the ground (heck, maybe they were; we can't tell either way) seems indicative of a story, at least to some degree. And is that carpet? I think that helps too, sort of like dropping petals onto a bedroom floor after prom or something.

Anyway, I like. :)
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

758 Reviews

Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:09 pm
Cade says...

Kitty - I, too, wish I had some thorns, but the florist the orthodontist got the rose from must've cut them off.

Clau and Areida - The surface is actually just concrete. I took these on my front porch, aka concrete slab.

Thanks, all!

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:55 pm
Via says...

You totally stole my picture post title.

Good pics.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

758 Reviews

Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:35 am
Cade says...

write me wrote:You totally stole my picture post title.

I did? I'm terribly sorry! Would you like it back?

But thank you for the short and sweet comment. :smt040

Reviews: 4
Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:16 am
chaosfox says...

The first one is nice enough but it feels empty, like it could use something between the leaves.

The second photo just seemed a cluttered and off. The grey clashed with the colour of the flowers terribly and it just made it all seem a bit off.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words.

~Fall Out Boy.

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:22 pm
sokool15 says...

Oh, I really like these! That color of dark green is really my favorite color...rich and nice. The second one is kind of...sad, crumbling, faded rose petals. Like after a funeral.

What did you use for a background? It's neat.

Good job!

Yours, Me 8)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:34 am
View Likes
Lynlyn says...

The first one... I could take it or leave it. There's not enough contrast, in my opinion. Has this been to photoshop-land? The black specks in the concrete are a little overpowering, and there's so much dark in the... petals? that there's not really a focal point. Not much definition.

The second one, though, is gorgeous. If it were centered and the focus was a little lower so that the top was cut off and the bottom was all visible, I think I'd like it even more, but it's beautiful as it is.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:38 pm
Gadi. says...

WOW! Those pictures are simply amazing. I loved how the color was very contrasted from the rest of the photograph--thought eh background was a bit distracting. In the first one, which is good, you could use a little more something happening in the picture. The second one, however, was amazing. The way the focus was spread out differently, the rich colors of the petals..good job!
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

That awkward moment when you jump out a window because your friend jumped out a window, then you remember that your other friend can fly.
— Rick Riordan, The Ship of the Dead