z

Young Writers Society

Back in the days

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:36 pm
JC says...

So, I was looking thorugh a bunch of stuff (Cleaning my room) and I came across two of my sketchbooks. It was a lot of fun looking through them and stuff...I loved drawing, but I wasn't amazing, so I gave it up. lol. It was fun though. Anyways, these is some of my better things....

This was during my horse phase, I had a tad of an obsession...lol.

I told you. hehe

The first time I drew something that wasn't a horse. =D

Then I branched out to drawing people...it was a very bad phase for me...haha, people are hard to draw...

Alexz Johnson...my idol at the time...

Ever read Twilight? Stephenie Meyer, my current idol =D

One of my best friends...

This is a great musical. Mamma Mia (she looks like she's in pain! haha)

A gift to one of my friends upon becoming an Eagle Scout

The coolest fish I've ever seen

Experamenting with color and things that don't make sense

Finally, one of the best things I've ever drawn...in my eyes...well...at least the best person...lol

But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:18 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

1. This first drawing isn't great. The proportions are a bit odd and the trees need a lot of work but I sort of like it. Especially the younger horse.

2. The first one has a strange head and the neck is rather thick. Also, the front two legs are too close together but I love the detail on the legs and the nose/mouth is good. The second two horses are much better. The shading needs some work but the proportions of the one in the foreground is great and the bigger horse is just a touch squashed.

3. The lines are a little faint but very cute! Again, some work on shading could improve the fur texture but it's good.

4. The face is really good, though the mouth is a little off, but the hair and body need a lot of work.

5. Again, the lines are much to faint but the hand in the foreground is well drawn and her outfit is pretty cool. The guitar is good too. The head and hair aren't too great though.

6. This one's really good. I love the detail and that apple is awesome! It would be better if you added shading to the arms or even some colour but I like it.

7. The head is a little out of proportion but it's pretty good. Also, you've shaded more which is a great improvement.

8. This seems unfinished and the colouring is very rough but the drawing itself isn't bad.

9. Fantastic! The detail in the eye is wonderful And your shading is good. The beak is perfect. I think this is my favourite so far.

10. Some colour would be nice but this one's great too. The markings are just right.

11. This is completely random and you need to work on your shading but the colours are bright and the mini cars are pretty cool.

12. This is good. The eyes are brilliant, perfect in fact. You've used some good shading there and you have a nice, dark tone so they stand out. The nose is well drawn too and I congratulate you on that because that's where I struggle most. Then the mouth isn't perfect but it's nice. Perhaps the bottom lip is a touch too fat and the top one a little too thin? The pearl necklace is good. The face in general a touch too wide and the hair needs some work but that rose is pretty and well drawn.

Overall, I don't think you should give up on your art, especially if you enjoy it. You're good. Better than me that's for sure and even if you don't take it as a lesson, there's no reason you can't sketch in your free time. I suppose I'm being rather hypocritical seen as I gave up both graphics and drama last year but I had no choice and I still sketch and my life's just one big show so... *shrugs* Basically, there's no reason you should stop drawing.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:56 am
Sponson Light says...

You dont have to be amazing to draw. And your drawings dont have to be amazing.

They're on the right track, by the way, they come pretty nice in proportion, while anatomy and line quality suffers. But everyone always excel at one portion and has to botch the other parts in any part of life.

I was good with expressions, while my anatomy, proportion, and line quality suffered. Eventually I got good with upper body anatomy/proportion, then my line quality fixed, and now Im working on lower body anatomy/proportion.

The color'd picture and the girl above it are your best works imo. Great expression and posture. Proportions aren't that bad either, but rather enchanting. Just some minor tweaks in shading and anatomy would make them shine a lot more.

Infernal-roxxorz to you.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:40 pm
Via says...

1: This one is very kind of....a coloring book page? There is a lot of plain line art, and a lot of lines that don't really belong in there. Not the best of the bunch.

2: This one is much, much better than the first. The lines are good, the face is much more horse-ish. Watch the eyes and the mouth, though.

3: This one is okay, better than the first but not a good as the second.

4: Really need some clearer lines and shading her. The porportions of the faces are a little off.

5: The bottom jaw/top lip are a little off. This is pretty good, but I think you are missing a lot of the natural facial shading, freckles, lines, etc.

4: Need darker lines, more shading.

5: I think this one is your best drawing out of the bunch. The apple shading is great, the hands are great...it's just great. Just watch the left thumb (my left).

6: This is much better than the first person you drew. Much better in the shading.

7: Pretty good, the color really helps it.

8: Very good. Second best!

9: Pretty good, watch the smudging. Still good though, probably third best.

10: Ah, you know, colors are colors.

11: Good line art, need more than that though.

Someone once said to me, "If you can't draw, you are simply not seeing what you are drawing". You have to take everything you draw piece by piece. Don't draw a face saying "I'm drawing a face", draw it line by line like you don't know what the end result will be. Try turning a picture upside down where you can't even put the lines together to be a face and draw it upside-down..it's a great excercise and I think it would help you alot.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:23 am
Gadi. says...

1: Uh, it's okay--much better than anything of mine anyhow--but what are the unshaded parts and the dots in the background?

2: Wow! You put so much muscle on that horse! Not the best, however.

3: I liked this one. It really showed horse relationship. :) But maybe add a bit more muscle to make them 3D, not only on paper.

4: I love this one! The wolves, their touch--it's almost as if they had human emotions, human understandings. It's the head on the back that most makes me feel of a baby in his mother's cradling arms. Fantastic, but of course, technically speaking, not finished enough.

5: One of my favorites! No emotion though, but I could imagine her angry or just introvertive. Her hair is realisting, but her eyes are not really.

4: Couldn't see much. A woman? Not really good.

5: Nice. Very accurate portrayal of all, but accurate is not precisely...sentimental or touching. But I bet if I would've read Twilight I would have been more interested.

6: This is so thought-provoking. It's like, you can feel for her--you can read through her, you feel close to her--but she is still so far away! Originally tantalizing! Not accurate, but sweet!

7: I like the originial better. ... Though the color is cool!

8: Not much for eagles, but pretty cool. Very American, if it was bald.

9: Where is the aquarium? And to tell you the truth--fish look nice, but they look beautiful in color.

10: Something good went into the experiment. Name it-- "Colorful Childhood".

11: Holly mother! I have a girl in my school who looks precisely like the drawing! Of course, Not exactly--her face is rounder--but this is such an accurate portrayel of her! Wow. Mind-reader.
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.
— W. A. Nance