z

Young Writers Society

Lady

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:40 am
Twinflower says...

A pretty lady sitting under a tree...somewhere in England, I suppose. she reminds me of Jane Austen characters :D
~*~Twinflower~*~

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:02 am
sokool15 says...

Yes, it looks a bit like Lizzie Bennet! The only problem is...the woman, when standing, would be taller than the tree she is sitting under! The tree is good. The lady is good. But they're out of proportion.

Anyway, good job!

Yours most truly, you can be assured, 8)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:30 am
Jennafina says...

^_^ How pretty!

It's a classic composition. It reminds me of Mona a bit; how she's seated and the angle of her face especially. Plus, there's a foreground, middle ground, and background, just like the Mona Lisa has.

I love the face and hair. To improve, you could make the eyes match each other, and the ear a little lower down on her head, but that's minor stuff.

Her hands could use some editing. I'm not really sure what's going on, you might want to make it clearer by showing more of her hands. They should be larger, too.

Her breasts and tummy are curvy, but her arms are really skinny. This makes her look rather pregnant. If that's what you're going for, you could make it obvious by adding some round shading to her tummy. If she isn't pregnant, I'd add some "weight" to her arms so she looks more evened out.

I don't know how she's sitting. I can't tell if her feet are behind her, or to the side. Maybe you could make that a little more clear?

The tree is beautiful. :) It really ties your picture together. Thanks a lot for posting this-- I hope you post more lovely drawings! Let me know if anything in my review doesn't make sense.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:26 am
Rydia says...

The tree is simply gorgeous and the woman is nice but I agree that she's too large. Also, I believe she is sat with her legs crossed? If so, you need some shading to make that more obvious. Overall, it's well drawn but a bit rough in places.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:02 pm
Fireweed says...

Ooh, she does look like a Jane Austen character! This is so lovely...

Most of the flaws have been pointed out; the only other thing I noticed was that her collarbones look a bit odd-too sloping, and I think they'd look more realistic with some shading.

Otherwise, gorgeous! I just love the tree and her dress and her expression. Her face is so solemn and pretty; she reminds me of Emily Dickinson a little. ^_^
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:12 am
Via says...

A small crit:

I would make the hair in the front a little darker to match the hair in the back.

The arrangement of the dress on the ground could be tweaked some, the viewer has no idea how she is sitting in this.

Is the pregnant? If not, I'd watch the bulge on the right side (my right, her left) by her elbow.

I love the detail though, especially in the tree. It's simple, but it's rare to find a very outwardly detailed Jane Austen character so it works.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Everything is a lot of things!
— Hank Green