z

Young Writers Society

My abstracts and book covers.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:54 pm
View Likes
Alice says...

I know its really bright and some what pink. But its cool.

This is somewhat weird, but I like it.

Haley Spence is my pen name, I don't feel like using my real name for some reason. I love this cover.
I just lost the game.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:27 am
Maybe says...

Me likey!
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

270 Reviews

Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:33 am
Alice says...

Yeah I won't be able to post these things much, I don't have a scanner so I have to remember to take my stuff to my grams to do so. Plus *looks sad* my moms turning off the stuff soon.
I just lost the game.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:35 am
Via says...

I really, really favor bold colors...but that may be a personal preference. If you use colored pencils, use serious pressure and make them bold colors. Use a pointy eraser (or the side of a flat one) to lighten the colors up if you like for shadow/lighting. The designs are pretty cool, but the light colors are driving me nuts. For the book cover, I would type up the wording and watch the details on the hands.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:06 am
whence says...

wow, I love how you blatantly praise all your own pieces.

xD
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:21 am
Rydia says...

They're interesting and the third intrigues me. I take it those are the hands of your characters but if so, why do you tell the reader what happens to them before they've even opened the book?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:01 pm
Saphira says...

I loved all the colours but the first one looses me a little. The last one is really good and the colours go well together!
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

270 Reviews

Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:53 am
Alice says...

Wow, kitty i didn't think about it like that. Yay it confuses people! Its supposed to be the same character, I've given up on the story because it was indeed crap, but she keeps reliving her life over and over until she becomes a vampire and doesn't die.
I just lost the game.

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:12 pm
JC says...

I like the colors, but it would be cool if they were much darker.

The hands on the book confused me, I didn't know they were hands, and was going to ask what the green things were...lol. Then I caught my mistake.

They're all good, but I would suggest using a pencil to draw everything, and then coloring it in with markers, that would make everything look really really cool. =D
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:04 am
Alteran says...

I love the first one. the repeating pattern and the boldness of the colours os great.

The second one is cool, but I think you could use a bit more blending.

Your cover is very cool. I think a slight pattern rather than just red would be cool. The hands are neat though they need some detailing.

All in all, nice work. Is it coloured pencil?
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:19 am
Empress Kat says...

I think this is a good beginning. You need to work on your color, depth, shadowing, perspective, and almost everything else to do with art. I'm glad you enjoy drawing, I think you should spend more time on every piece you do. I'm not entirely sure you can call this "abstract." Just because the piece is un-focused doesn't mean it's abstract.

If there was a forum called "random scribbles" it would deserve all the praise.

--Kat
Plan B is always "Die Trying."

Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling.
— Henry David Thoreau