z

Young Writers Society

Envision It

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:52 pm
Fabien says...

*Please Note: That this thread will be my final photography thread and I will just continue to add onto it when I have photos that I've decided to show to the masses, namely you. None of these have been digitally enhanced, unless noted otherwise. Enjoy your visions. Enjoy my visuals.

---

Bottles, Boots & Chain
[A scene that I found at the recycling centre where I grew up.]

A Place For Justice
[An old red brick building which is the courthouse in the next city.]

Half Hidden
[The antique store downtown covered in ivy.]

Cobalt Motor Hotel
[Back entrance of a hardcore hotel through the fence of the adjacent lot.]
The surrounding world
was an ugly one,
but we needed no beauty
other than the light
within each other's eyes. - "Modern World" * topic15452

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:06 pm
Rydia says...

I think the first and the last are my favourites. Number one has an interesting foreground but the background is a bit busy and distracts me from the boots and chain.

The second one is okay. Nothing too out of the usual and it doesn't make sense without the explanation. It shouldn't need the explanation to be a good picture.

I love the ivy in the third but you should have probably took the picture a bit further to the right or as a close up on that sign and the windows surrounded by ivy.

I like the crisscross fence in the last one and the graffitti adds to the image. You've chosen a nice angle and, in eneral, you have some unusual subjects.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:17 pm
Via says...

The first and the last are also my favorites. I'm loving the recycling scene, but watch the over-exposure on the toe of the right boot and surrounding area. Really a great scene though.

The last one, I'm not entirely sure why I like. I think I just like pictures through fences? =]
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:23 am
Areida says...

All right! A fence picture that actually works. That one was really nice.

I also liked the second one. I've tried to take pictures from that angle before without success, but here it worked really well.

You're so good at this. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:08 am
Elizabeth says...

I loved the first one because the main thing was the boots and the chains and those are the first things I saw, but the rest of them really didn't have a part that just stood out... I really liked it, if the boots were more centered and there were more bottles then it would be a bit better... but I liked that the best :)

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:06 am
Alteran says...

I like number one. The concept and positioning is very cool. The background does distract from the main subject of the boots and chains though. The red lens flare is cool.

Number 2 is ok. The lighting is really wack though. The lamp is very dark and hard to see especially with the massive amount of brightnes behind it.

I really like the ivy but I think the sign takes a bit of the effect away. The Source is cool but then the antique shop and parking in rear part kinda ruined the sign aspect. I think a bit closer and more to the right would be very nice.

Number 4 didn't do much for me. Nothing really said wow to me. I did get the shady and vandalized feeling from it though.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:47 pm
GingerLizzy says...

I like these, they're different and unique.

My favourite was the first, of the boots. I liked how the pictures seemed random, but then they totally seemed planned. It's quite complex when I think about it.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:53 pm
Gadi. says...

I LOVE THIS THING.

The first one is obviously the best. It conveys childhood in a way unique to people who grew up in sticky places. :)

I also like the second one, though the background is way too light. I especially like the contrast of red bricks and the rest of the picture.

The third one was okay, the background was WAY too white! Nice ivy, though.

The fourth is not THAT good, but it's okay. Not bad. I don't like fence pictures much, only if they're in black and white and convey something significant.
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:34 pm
Myth says...

I love all of them! The left boot seems to be pointing upwards, as if its going to come to life and start talking/moving. I especially like the last one, very inspiring.

Thanks for sharing =]
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Brain freezes are temporary, but milkshakes are forever.
— SilverNight