z

Young Writers Society

Art: Alternative Interpretation

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:06 pm
whence says...

Ok, I posted this in the Contest section, but it got no response whatsoever. :p

Soo, it's made its way over to the Art section, in hopes of a new chance.

For this challenge, you will take one of three songs and Draw / Paint / Scribble / whatever some form of visual art to represent one of the three songs listed below. Note: You may do photography.

Ok, the songs:

The Finish Line, by Snow Patrol.

What Sarah Said, by Death Cab For Cutie

and
There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet, by Panic! At The Disco

~~~~~~~~~~~~
One should probably note that I love all of these songs, and I do truly hope you do them justice.

Now, the prizes will be as follows:

1st Place: 5 critiques on the art/prose/poem/etc of your choice
2nd Place: 4 crits
3rd place: 2 crits

all entrants: 1 crit

the deadline for entries is
Tuesday, The 24th of July, at 12 midnight [GMT].

Good luck!
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:37 am
Alteran says...

Sounds good. Should give me something to do for a while. Haven't heard any of these songs, but I will now :D
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:46 am
stirly says...

Strangely, I was just looking through the competitions and wondering if you would ever do something like this again.

I'm very happy that you did :D

I'll definately be entering.
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:01 am
Royboy says...

I know exactly how I want to do it, but I suck at drawing, lol. That, plus the fact that I don't have a scanner, but I'm sure that if I ever get to drawing something I could find one at the library. And this ends at July 24th... Okay, I'm a maybe. Partially because I just bought the Panic! At The Disco CD just last night. *laughs*
[url="www.royacrystaldoesnanowrimo.tumblr.com"]Follow my 2011 NaNoWriMo progress on tumblr[/url] or [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/734471"]friend me on the official NaNoWriMo forums[/url]!

316 Reviews

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:02 am
whence says...

anyone else planning on entering? Come on, you could enter a scribble and you'd at least get the consolatory critique, if not more!

-is hoping this doesn't die...again-
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:43 pm
Rydia says...

Sorry Whence but I don't really do music...
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:56 am
Skye says...

I may, if I can come up with some decent photography (as I am otherwise hopeless at art). Know I'll be thinking on it.

If nothing else, you have fantastic music taste. :D
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

316 Reviews

Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:57 pm
whence says...

Wooow.

Well, this closes tomorrow.

So if anyone wants to enter, you'll probably get a bunch of free crits. -rolls eyes-
Ernest Hemingway

106 Reviews

Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:05 pm
stirly says...

I'd love to get a bundle of free critiques!

No worries, I'll enter mine by midnight tonight (My midnight. I'm not exactly sure when your midnight is, but I definately know when mine rolls about)
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

316 Reviews

Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:23 am
whence says...

well, my midnight is the latest in the US. 'Cept for Hawaii.

GMT time is significantly earlier, but I'm lenient with deadlines :p
Ernest Hemingway

106 Reviews

Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:36 pm
stirly says...

GAH-

I'm sorry that I failed so incredibly miserably. I tried, created something decent, then my cat attacked my friggin' leg while I was inking it and now its lost forever. THEN- of course, it sucked anyway.

I'm sorry that I failed. I owe you a picture of some sort.

316 Reviews

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:38 am
View Likes
whence says...

well, the winner is ennui..

being the only person who entered, you may pm me with links to the pieces you'd like critiqued.

And stirly- Yes, yes you do :D
Ernest Hemingway

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:51 pm
ennui says...

aw, well that's not fun. :|

If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.
— Mo Willems